Hello everyone!

I installed a Killswitch into my guitar ages ago, and I now realise that I may be loosing sustain from it. I cannot pull off the type of stacatto killswitching of a single note like in this video Muse - Sing For Absolution like at 4:31.

Is there anything I can do to produce high sustained yet Killswitched notes?
Cheers
I haven't listened to it, but I wouldn't be suprised if he was using a Sustainer with the Killswitch. Like the name suggests, they just a sustain a note untill you turn it off. They're great for pissing around with feedback and stuff aswell.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
It isn´t the killswitch that is killing your sustain, that´s all I know.
As long as you installed the killswitch right, it will not effect the sustain of your guitar.
its really more of your guitar's problem if you're getting poor sustain
Sustain is acoustic. Killswitches are electronic. It doesn't matter if you have a ferret in the control cavity, sustain is all the same. A killswitch will never kill your sustain.

As for MUSE, although around 50% of Matt's guitars have sustaniacs on them, this one (his "laser" manson) oddly does not. It has a Bareknuckles Mississippi Queen in the neck (medium to low output humbucker-sized P90) and a Bareknuckle Nailbomber (high output humbucker) in the bridge. He has a zvex fuzz factory in it which may increase sustain, but when he uses it he gives a characteristic squeal which is not found in the video.

However, when looking closely at the video, you can see he is tapping the note with his fretting hand while he operates the killswitch. To make it sustain he bends the notes to give a vibrato effect, which also increases sustain.

TL;DR

sustain - vibrato on the notes
killswitching while playing - strumming hand killswitches while fretting hand taps
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Unless you cut off a large chunk of your guitar to install the killswitch (which you shouldn't have) sustain should not be affected.
Quote by kranoscorp
Sustain is acoustic. Killswitches are electronic. It doesn't matter if you have a ferret in the control cavity, sustain is all the same. A killswitch will never kill your sustain.

As for MUSE, although around 50% of Matt's guitars have sustaniacs on them, this one (his "laser" manson) oddly does not. It has a Bareknuckles Mississippi Queen in the neck (medium to low output humbucker-sized P90) and a Bareknuckle Nailbomber (high output humbucker) in the bridge. He has a zvex fuzz factory in it which may increase sustain, but when he uses it he gives a characteristic squeal which is not found in the video.

However, when looking closely at the video, you can see he is tapping the note with his fretting hand while he operates the killswitch. To make it sustain he bends the notes to give a vibrato effect, which also increases sustain.

TL;DR

sustain - vibrato on the notes
killswitching while playing - strumming hand killswitches while fretting hand taps

Whoah! Thanks for this! So I should just keep tapping/ vibratoing the note while I'm playing..
To the guy stalking about Sustainers, the Boss ME-50 has one that's built in, but I still loose sustain when using the killswitch as well as the sustainer