Page 1 of 3
Hi guys, I was really bored this summer, so Ive decided to get an offset V kit from guitar fetish. Im also going to get either their power rails pickup(xn2 clone) or their crunchy rails pickup(dimebucker clone) for the bridge pup. Could you guys give me some opinions on which pup i should get(I want to get a good COB, Slayer, black metal tone) and some links for wiring and painting.

Im going to make it into a sorta Alexi Liaho V. e.g.:put in a cut away for the higher frets, pinstripes, etc. Thanks Guys
sounds like a cool build, but where is the badass metal?

here, I got you some:
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
You might as well buy a already built douglas for 1/2 the price of the kit. I'm pretty sure they are pinstriped ones with a FR.
wow, I might fust have to blow all my guitar money on that suit of armor instead of the kit. But once I get the kit and start posting pics, there will be METAL!
play it while wearing that suit of armor to be truly metal.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by martinoj
You might as well buy a already built douglas for 1/2 the price of the kit. I'm pretty sure they are pinstriped ones with a FR.

If it was half the price of the kit it would be about 85 bucks, which means it would be a POS guitar.
Quote by the humanity
play it while wearing that suit of armor to be truly metal.

with a metal pick and inside a steel mill
Quote by smartalec007
with a metal pick and inside a steel mill

I love it.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by smartalec007
If it was half the price of the kit it would be about 85 bucks, which means it would be a POS guitar.

It is actually $130. Also it isn't a POS.
Where is the br00tulz metal at?
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Is that a Templar?
Quote by Gunpowder
You almost banged her? Well you get an almost high five!

*Stops half way*
if you are going to replace everything just buy the jackson neck and offset v body separately from guitar fetish, it will save you like $100 and with that money you could buy one of guitar fetishes latest floyds which are supposed to be quite good.
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
1981 Ibanez Destroyer II
1982 Ibanez Rocket Roll II
Charvel(ish) San Dimas 2 (modding)
Jackson PS-4 (modding)
Squier Affinity Strat (modding)
custom made Flying V/ Iceman
Headless Steinberger copy

Hail the Hordes!!
The only thing that Im replacing is the bridge pup and I just checked on guitar fetish, If i bought everything separetly, it would put me at least $50 dollars over my budget
but dont forget it is already pre painted, i think you would be well worth spending the extra $50 because it will turn out to be a much better guitar overall, especially if you pick up locking tuners, a guitar fetish new floyd and power rails or something along those lines.

this $50 is going to be the difference between a good guitar and an average guitar, but the choice is yours.
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
1981 Ibanez Destroyer II
1982 Ibanez Rocket Roll II
Charvel(ish) San Dimas 2 (modding)
Jackson PS-4 (modding)
Squier Affinity Strat (modding)
custom made Flying V/ Iceman
Headless Steinberger copy

Hail the Hordes!!
Quote by guitarcam123
you do know GFS parts are ass and absolutely suck.

well, you are an ass and absolutely suck for saying that.
ok, don't come crying back here when your bridge crumbles to pieces and your guitar goes out of tune every time you touch it
I bought that same kit. It should be here today!
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
^ awesome! Im ordering it today! and to the guy who suggested buy everything separetly, I have a super tight budget(the only job I have is for my Dad's landscaping company, and with $10 an hour with between 5 to zero hours a week i cant make much money).
Ok, I ordered the kit last night, but Ive decided not to get the new pickup(I tryd out a dean with a dime bucker in it the other day, didnt like it very much ). Im thinking of painting it all black with (hopfully glow in the dark) red pinstripes. Get some plastic pickup covers(so they dont affect the tone like metal would) and paint some sort of design on them.

Now I just wait....
Ok, I got the kit the day before yesterday(couldnt get to my computer) and it came with:
body w/ bevals
neck w/ binding
black pickguard
liscensed FR trem
all the bits and pieces for the trem
2 pots
1 switch
jack
wires
FR nut(preinstalled)
preinstalled truss rod
2 humbuckers
strap pins
and STRINGS, the most important part(sarcasticly)
So Im probably going to do the design from my last post, but stain the neck a really dark color.
then get yo' ass movin' booooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

sorry, a, bored as hell @haha: its raining and im stuck inside

anywho... on topic... interested to see how youl do the glow in the dark-ness.

when you gonna be making a start on this??
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Pictures of the body etc.?

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Im probably going to get started later this week, I need to borrow a Dremel and get paint/stain. I think I have a soldering iron, but Im not sure. Once I get the dremel and the soldering iron Ill start.
So Ive been working on the guitar all this week(pics coming soon). Ive put the neck on, made all the holes for the screws, and sanded all the rough spots. The only thing I need to do before I paint it is install the floyd. Ive looked at the ultimate FR thread, but it doesnt say how to put in the 2 pegs that the trem rests on. Could some please give me a link? Thanks.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
power rails.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I'd suggest painting before you assemble

Im going to assemble it, then disassemble it, then paint it, and assemble it for the final time so that I have all of the holes made.

and Im either going to get the power rails, or some duncan designed pickups.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by guitarcam123
ok, don't come crying back here when your bridge crumbles to pieces and your guitar goes out of tune every time you touch it

Dear god cam, would you shut up about GFS!? YOU HAVEN'T EVEN USED THEIR STUFF. YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT IT.

TS, get a Crunchy Rails combo.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by the humanity
sounds like a cool build, but where is the badass metal?

here, I got you some:

i see your termplar knight, and raise you an altiar:
just give me a fender and let me rip
WHERES MAH PICTORZ.
anywho, im also waiting on a simuler kit! (but with a TOM not a FR)
but the funny thing is... i got it from the people who sell the kits to the companys that sell the kits to people like you!

so yeah i kick ass..
but the thing is, im not just going to get one (well atm i am, just testin for quality)
but im gonna get a few... for painting/asembly, then sell to some n00b.

ok maybe not to some n00b but youknow, someone that wants a OK guitar, thats unique and such. ect..

and its hopefully gonna be fun making a crapload of guitars and making money, and being crazy and having swirls/holoflash/bloodsplats.... EVERYTHING UNDER THE RANDOM SUN!
still looking for glow-in-the-dark paint ^.^
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by oneblackened
Dear god cam, would you shut up about GFS!? YOU HAVEN'T EVEN USED THEIR STUFF. YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT IT.

TS, get a Crunchy Rails combo.

Yes, but everyone who has have had bad experiences. So I never will use their parts
Quote by guitarcam123
Yes, but everyone who has have had bad experiences. So I never will use their parts

Still, it gives you no right to talk about it. Besides, you're forgetting about a certain Argentinean.

BTW, I've been satisfied with everything I've bought from GFS.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by metal-matt
WHERES MAH PICTORZ.
but the funny thing is... i got it from the people who sell the kits to the companys that sell the kits to people like you!

so yeah i kick ass..
but the thing is, im not just going to get one (well atm i am, just testin for quality)
but im gonna get a few... for painting/asembly, then sell to some n00b.

ok maybe not to some n00b but youknow, someone that wants a OK guitar, thats unique and such. ect..

and its hopefully gonna be fun making a crapload of guitars and making money, and being crazy and having swirls/holoflash/bloodsplats.... EVERYTHING UNDER THE RANDOM SUN!
still looking for glow-in-the-dark paint ^.^

Ive been thinking of doing the same thing lately

BTW, I just got back from vacation, so I havent been able to work on the guitar, nor have I been able to post pics for a while, sorry.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
mega-bump
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by guitarcam123

Bull****.

I use GFS fast loader trem.
Its awsome , stays in tune. I payed 3 dollars more and I got a new locking nut, and its awsome.

GFS for the Fúcking win
Quote by metal-matt
WHERES MAH PICTORZ.

whered you buy that & how much??

i want to do a similar project, i just found out GFS has offset v's
i'm not going with the stock internals they have though, if i do do this.
Quote by Steve46
thanks alot ice condition!! your the breast!

The best bosom in all of UG.
Last edited by ice condition at Jul 18, 2009,
Here are some pics(hope it worked) of the kit. the last pic isnt of the guitar finished, its just everything laying in the body.

edit:crap it didnt work, hold on

please tell me you guys can see them
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by smartalec007 at Jul 19, 2009,
Page 1 of 3