eyes rolled back into your head is soooo metal

so I accidentally bought some curly maple thats actually soft maple, and the other is wenge. my luthiers tell me its ok since I'm using wenge.

my real camera broke but I should have proper pics after I get it glued up and run through the joiner. its not much to look at now.

the design will change somewhat. the lower horn has an extreme cutaway for 27th fret but that might not be so extreme in the final product since I'm moving the bridge closer to the neck and still keeping the 27th fret idea. pushing the bridge way down the body is really uncomfortable to play standing up.

comments welcome
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Last edited by fullsailstudent at Jun 27, 2009,
Looks pretty sweet. Glad you're doing an actual build for your first. What pickup combo?
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
moving the bridge will just make the neck stick out of the body more.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
where to put the bridge depends on the scale length and also how how far you want the neck to stick out. or how far you want the body to stick out is probably a better way to think of it.

for pickups it really depends on what void I'm trying to fill in my collection. I just bought a maple/maple fender neck so I guess I have a hardtail strat on the way.

I have a schecter neck thru with JAZZ and JB
then there is the hardtail strat that is getting sumerian cobalt noiseless fender pickups
this neckthru build is most likely getting something for metal. if I go active its probably duncan blackouts in the EMG shape so I can switch to EMG's if I want. if I go passive, its dimarzio d-activator X2N neck and bridge. BUT since I have been lusting after the taylor fullsize humbuckers(most people drool for guitars I drool for pickups and work out the details), I may throw those in there with a sepele or tamo ash or koa top and a true "class A" preamp circuit. if I plan on buying the taylor solidbody electric classic (cheapo with pickgaurd), I can just make this build a metal machine.

I wanna hack up one of these and make a preamp circuit.

FYI fuchs pure gain is really studio quality boost. doesn't color your sound, has the best noise floor, uses matched components, has more boost available than most other pedals. its really good combo with the new taylor fullsize humbuckers since they are really clean, dynamic, versatile with the coil tap 5 way switch. boosting puts them into blues or metal territory depending on the 5 way switch
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Last edited by fullsailstudent at Jun 27, 2009,