Page 1 of 2
OK, as promised, I finally have a NAD!!! Some may find the following photo sequence & story somewhat disturbing, but oh well. It all started when this off-branded box showed up on my porch.

It looked harmless enough, so I opened it.......

Imagine my surprise when a bubble wrap Jabba the Hutt springs from the box!!
I moved in for a closer look........

The slimy beast had my new amp in its mouth!!

As I reached to try & extract my prize, the filthy beast lunged at me, & I barely escaped with my life (you know how dangerous bubble wrap can be!

I finally managed to wrest the amp from the savage bubble-lined jaws of death!! Twas a struggle of unimaginable epic proportions.

Once I had vanquished the beast, I came to realize that this may not be my amp. In fact, it may not even be an amp at all!!!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Last edited by riffhog at Jun 27, 2009,
An ampostor !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The amp had been removed, & the beautiful housing converted to a mere cab!!

I'm sure many of you are as pissed off as I was by this revolting turn of events, but there was a silver lining to the story. Also in the packing box was a 2nd item that eluded the clutches of Jabba the Bubble-Hutt!!

Ahhhhhhh, what's this???????????/

A 1979 Music Man RD50 112??? In BLONDE???? SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!
This thing totally rips. Weighs 30 lb, 50W through 2 6L6s, & responds better to attenuation than any amp I've ever heard. Lush reverb, 2 channels. It's my new gig amp!!
Here it is sitting with part of the family, fitting in quite well....

Ahhh, life is gooood!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

>.>
<.<

Isint that Gregs' Soldano??

HNAD!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Jun 27, 2009,
Happy NAD! Haven't heard one of those amps myself, but knowing you I'd say it's pretty tastey.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.

...The Soldano
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
W@@T!!!!

That is one sexay blonde your plugged into! o.0

Edit: lol'd at Jabba.

Edit, the sequel... That soldano clock has an unhappy face!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jun 27, 2009,
Dude... That picture sequence is one for the ages. That's the first retarded funny thing I've read on here in a while that had actually laughing out loud.
*saves soldano picture*

That was great, Randy

Happy NAD!
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
excellent!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Nice buys! Is it weird I'm more excited about the Music Man than the Soldano?
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
>.>
<.<

Isint that Gregs' Soldano??

HNAD!

Hey, Alf! Sorry, but I couldn't resist borrowing your ID for that

The cab is a Soldano Astroverb that someone took the amp out of, & put in a nice V30 speaker. I got it for $150 last year, but I knew no one here really knew about it, so it would work as a faux new amp . Thanks to all who endured that!!

I can't wait to try re-amping this thing, but it doesn't like running WFO for extended periods of time. It actually shut off audio on me last night, & I thought it blew the OT, but after cooling down for about 10 min, it works fine again. I'm just going to run a fan on it when using the Hot Plate. I was really worried for a while though, because it's so old!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard

Loud, is it?

Very nice. I love blond amps. More than blond chicks.
Quote by imgooley
Loud, is it?

Very nice. I love blond amps. More than blond chicks.

Brunettes are my fave. They just look so much dirtier.

Win on the bubblewrap Jabba the Hutt!
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
lmao nice
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
where is the pr0n?
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
blonde's are good too, but I've only ever dated brunettes for some reason...

Nice amp!!! grats!
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by danyellenik
blonde's are good too, but I've only ever dated brunettes for some reason...

That's funny, I much prefer most brunettes, yet I've dated mostly blondes.
^ further proof that women inspire insanity.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
They are amazing amps. I used to use one at a jam all the time.

Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by bubb_tubbs
Brunettes are my fave.

1999 Fender '69 Thinline Telecaster Reissue
Ibanez TS-9
Vox AC4TV

Last.fm
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Brunettes are my fave. They just look so much dirtier.

Win on the bubblewrap Jabba the Hutt!

Blondes with a big ass end= win.

Dark hair in general with big asses= infinite win
Quote by imgooley
Blondes with a big ass end= win.

Dark hair in general with big asses= infinite win

My woman was a natural blonde before I met her, who then turned brunette somehow (from dying hair? ), but has her hair dyed red now cause I says it's hawt. Oh and she has a rather nice... lowend

Do I win?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw

My woman was a natural blonde before I met her, who then turned brunette somehow (from dying hair? ), but has her hair dyed red now cause I says it's hawt. Oh and she has a rather nice... lowend

Do I win?

You should put an overdrive in front of her and tighten it up!

Quote by bubb_tubbs

LOOOL
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by bubb_tubbs

+1
Im just going to repeat what everyone else has said.

HNAD!!
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.

+3

Again, real nice Randy. I can see the eyes on the bubble wrap now. God Damn that is some funny sh*t!. We were out at a bar Friday night and (I was on my Blackberry) when I saw that WTF is a Cab thing I spit beer all over the table. Wow. Just Wow.

Quote by bubb_tubbs

I almost spit beer when I read this!

Thanks, goolz. Way to take a perfectly f#@king stoopid NAD thread & turn it into something tawdry !

311-I hope you didn't spit beer on the Blackberry. They usually don't survive a beer bath!

I think I might just just leave the new "logo" on that Soldano cab. I'm kinda liking it. Will certainly make people talk. Kinda like a guy I know who has this pretty decent sounding Marshall clone (housing cloned also), except on the front where the Marshall logo would be, he made a nameplate that says "GOLLUM". I love that. I lmao every time I see Gollum.

Thanks for all the responses, guys

BTW- I played the new amp for about an hour yesterday at an outdoor blues jam where it was about 104 degrees F outside. Luckily it was at a bistro that had lots of cold beer on tap. Amp kicks serious ass, man!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard

I'm just gonna leave this here...

Did you make clips yet randy?
Quote by gregs1020
I'm just gonna leave this here...

Did you make clips yet randy?

God dang it, Greg. I see the IMG tags in the quote, but can't view pics on the work PC.

Not going to have time to do clips for a while. Going to the beach in the RV for 5 days for the 4th. They'll be along soon enough. I may have to try re-amping this thing first!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard

Quote by riffhog
God dang it, Greg. I see the IMG tags in the quote, but can't view pics on the work PC.

Quote by mr_hankey

Don't worry Randy, it's nothing.... o.()
Quote by gregs1020

Don't worry Randy, it's nothing.... o.()

Yeah, SURE!
If that came from ANYONE else on UG, it MIGHT be believable
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard

Page 1 of 2