ok heres the thing.
i have a legacy lp copy with cheap covered humbuckers. i want to have bare pups but when i took these apart they are actually two single coils wired together with only one magnet underneath. not good i assume.
so i`m after some semi decent pickups (bare) for playing blues and classic rock but sadly money is tight and i only have about £ 40 to spend and with the guitar been a cheap one its not worth spending loads. any ideas u,g ers.
Well, that's how all humbuckers are, two separate coils with a magnet underneath of them.

You could check out www.guitarfetish.com for some cheap pups, I don't know how far 40 will get you though.
www.myspace.com/diectomy
Last edited by DI-ECTOMY at Jun 27, 2009,
what do you mean by bare pickups?
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
Quote by DI-ECTOMY
Well, that's how all humbuckers are, two separate coils with a magnet underneath of them.

You could check out www.guitarfetish.com for some cheap pups, I don't know how far 40 will get you though.
This ^
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by DI-ECTOMY

i thought there was two magnets not one. my mistake i guess
Nah, there is still just one, but it is stronger that ones in single coils.
I wonder if there are any with 2... I've never seen or heard of any

hmm
www.myspace.com/diectomy
so i`m guessing to keep them from falling apart i`ll have to wrap them in that black fabric tape type stuff.
Is there anyway you could take a picture of them and put them up? I want to see what they look like.

They should be held together already, unless they really are the worst pickups ever ha
www.myspace.com/diectomy
Quote by DI-ECTOMY
Is there anyway you could take a picture of them and put them up? I want to see what they look like.

They should be held together already, unless they really are the worst pickups ever ha

there still on the guitar and no they are definatly not held together and when i took the case off them they are not fastend to anything either just the magnet holding them down so i guess they are the worlds worst pickups.
as i said its a cheap guitar anyway so no suprises there.
Yeah good point. I have this Aspen LP knockoff with covered humbuckers and I took the covers off and they really were just single coils and the coil wasn't part of the pickup, they just slid it on, soldered it, and covered it to make it look legit.

But anyway, yeah you could probably just tape them together with any kind of tape. I would invest in an upgrade though a.s.a.p.
www.myspace.com/diectomy
i`ll see what is available in my price range. guitarfetish has some nice ones i can afford but postage on top to the uk might be pushing it. many thanks for all your help in this matter.
Quote by DI-ECTOMY
Nah, there is still just one, but it is stronger that ones in single coils.
I wonder if there are any with 2... I've never seen or heard of any

hmm

Shot at 2009-06-29
right i`ve done it. i`ve put in some kent armstrong wpu11`s in but my original mounting screws are too big. what size should i be looking for?