so i already own a fender mexican hss strat. i was lookin at a 60th aniversary sss american strat with a maple neck for 699 with case. i need some help pullin the trigger. im probably trading in my les paul since i dont play it at all. but would u guys justify having one humbucker strat(with a coil tap) and an american standard?

ps. it plays really nice
My Gear...
Fender Deluxe Fat Strat
Fernandes Retrorocket
Epiphone G400
Blackstar HT-5c
Blackstar HT Club 40
Get it. Having more than one of the same guitar isn't a bad thing, and here they are two very different ones! It's like having an M-1000 and an M-II. Not only are they different models, they are different quality levels too.
Do it, I'd find a way to keep the LP for the melancholy (but it is an epi, if it isn't higher end epi not worth keeping around for LP tones when needed).

Having a straight sss strat ain't bad either. You can more easily do feedback stuff with that pickup (all the coil splitter humbuckers don't like to feedback still in my experience) and you can keep one in Eb or something or install new pickups on one to define it more than the other.

As said earlier, two strats, but the models are different and the overall tone is gonna be similar but different still. I'd bargain that they have completely different woods being used.
Get it man. When you sell your LP you can use the money to mod either of your strats to make them less similar.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
You kidding? If there were 5 sitting next to me right now I can guarantee you there would be a smile on my face.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by scott58
You kidding? If there were 5 sitting next to me right now I can guarantee you there would be a smile on my face.

This, I love Les Pauls, SGs, certain Teles, and Strats are great too but I'd be exstatic if next to me were these 5 strats and thats all I had for life...

1) SRV sig strat (lefty tremolo and Texas Special Pickups)
2) A fat Strat
3) an HSS strat
4) a SSS strat
5) a GnL sss strat

of course, all with different woods and probably with different strings. I'd turn the fat strat to a metalish guitar with light strings, HSS as a mellow guitar with some bite with 10s, SSS strats with .10-52 or .11s for classic rock and alternative, and the SRV with .13s or .12s. for blues-rock goodness. Of course, if I had the

BAWWWWWW ME NO HAVE MONEY
i bought that same exact guitar in a local shop for 200 dollars, it is amazing and ever since I bought it it has never left my sight, my main guitar now it is absoulutley fantastic, I would buy it for sure, the pickups sound fantastic also, I recently replaced the neck and pickups but the body style is some what diffrent then standard american strats, I would buy 5 more if I could find them and if I had the money.
I pay for music and so should you: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ipayformusic

Quote by Music18
u just got to love fat strats.... and i really like the ones that hav 2 single pick upsm then the humbucker near the bridge... very nice =)
I've got 3 strats and I'm looking to get 2 more in the near future. Having 2 isn't a bad thing.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by manhangi
This, I love Les Pauls, SGs, certain Teles, and Strats are great too but I'd be exstatic if next to me were these 5 strats and thats all I had for life...

1) SRV sig strat (lefty tremolo and Texas Special Pickups)
2) A fat Strat
3) an HSS strat
4) a SSS strat
5) a GnL sss strat

of course, all with different woods and probably with different strings. I'd turn the fat strat to a metalish guitar with light strings, HSS as a mellow guitar with some bite with 10s, SSS strats with .10-52 or .11s for classic rock and alternative, and the SRV with .13s or .12s. for blues-rock goodness. Of course, if I had the

BAWWWWWW ME NO HAVE MONEY

You do realize a fat strat is an hss strat
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass

pwnd. Yeah I think you should go for it!
Gear:
Maton MS503
Squier Strat
Randall RG75DG3+
H & K 100W Switchblade
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Digitech Crossroads
Digitech Jamman
Zoom G1

Quote by Sol9989
Caramello wins life.

Quote by A8039077
Caramello, that's mother****ing genius!
i got it... i'll make a new thread in a little bit
My Gear...
Fender Deluxe Fat Strat
Fernandes Retrorocket
Epiphone G400
Blackstar HT-5c
Blackstar HT Club 40
Quote by alternitivebass

that's the second time someone's made that mistake in a few weeks
Quote by cruc1a7
Only problem with guitar is you can't have enough

true! i've gone through tons, and only found 2 that i've really been able to hold onto and couldn't sell. one electric and one acoustic.

and now i really really want a strat. i say go for it. even if you have 2. i had 3 ibanez RG's at one point lol