i just got a classic 30 for 250 bucks

is there anything i should know about it like as far as taking care of it?

mine doesnt have a standby switch and it has no cooling fan
is it normal for it to get hot in like 10 minutes of playing?

any good EQ suggestions for alternative rock?

thanks
yeh it gets hot nicely ive got one

i normally use Bass 9 mids and treble 8 or maybe 7 8 7
Tube amps get hot. That's what they do. In fact, if you were you try to touch one of the power tubes about 60 seconds after turning it on, you'd suffer a nasty 2nd degree burn (maybe even 3rd).
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
wow...that would suck

is it okay if i keep it up against the wall
or should i leave it in open space
(idk if that would make it overheat or whatever)
Give it about 4-5 inches of room in the back and it'll be fine. The Classic 30 has those vents in the top of the amp over the tubes anyway, doesn't it?

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Ah, K. I might have been thinking of a different amp. Either way, about 5 inches (give or take a couple) should be fine, especially if you're not cranking it. More volume=hotter tubes. According to the manual that came with my Randall, power tubes can reach temperatures of up to 800 degrees Fahrenheit, which I'm assuming is at maximum volume levels in a 100 watt amp.

But your 30 watt amp at bedroom volumes will probably be closer to 100-200 degrees. You'll be fine though.

Stupid name.

Quote by Shinozoku
Give it about 4-5 inches of room in the back and it'll be fine. The Classic 30 has those vents in the top of the amp over the tubes anyway, doesn't it?

Old, Plexi-style Marshall head cabs have those.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Ahhh, that's what I was thinkin of! Thanks, tubbs

Stupid name.

Quote by Shinozoku
Ahhh, that's what I was thinkin of! Thanks, tubbs

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.