I plan to buy one for internet use and some Word because it would be really small and light to carry around the college, are they worth the money. Thinking of buying the HP mini 1000, thanks
LOL
I hear they're decent, but I've not used one myself.

If all you're doing is word processing, then I see no reason to not buy one.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Battery life is iffy, but other than that they're fine for what they do (internet, word).
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
I need a laptop/netbook for school. which one would you recommend?
How about a high five?

My Gear
Ibanez RG320
Schecter Demon 7
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider III 30
Bugera 6262/Peavey 412 cabinet
for the money hp will want ud be better off with the asus eee pc 1000h.... ive heard stuff about the hp and its not that encouraging i.e. build quality and perrformance etc
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Fernandes Ravelle Deluxe
LTD EX-400BD
LTD EC-1000
LTD V-500
Zoom 707II Pedal
Vox Satchurator Pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby Slash
Marshall MG100DFX...
haven't used a netbook before, but i was a little concerned about the inferior processing power, so i got a dell inspiron 13. it's definitely small and light enough for carrying around campus, and you can still configure it to be quite powerful, if you want. i get about 5 hours on power saver mode.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by SiKh22
I plan to buy one for internet use and some Word because it would be really small and light to carry around the college, are they worth the money. Thinking of buying the HP mini 1000, thanks
Get the Asus Eee PC 1005HA. It hasn't come out yet (I think.), but it's better than anything else. If you can't wait, get the 1000HA.
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Jun 27, 2009,
got an EEEPC 1000, amazing for taking notes for studying
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Do not buy the HP. They make the worst netbooks. The Acer One is good, but I prefer the Asus Eee, personally. The processors suck, so I'd recommend using any Linux OS (if not, Windows XP).
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
I got a Samsung NC20 12.1. It's just an awesome machine. Not really a "netbook" though they market it as one.

So many people get swept into that stuff. A 12.1 is basically an ultra portable that 2 years ago would have cost a **** load.

5-6 hrs battery.
The 901 I think it's called is meant to be the ****.
battery life of 8 hours. full sized screen for browsing. XP or Linux. all the built in **** you'd expect.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by BlisteringDDj
The processors suck, so I'd recommend using any Linux OS (if not, Windows XP).
Use Ubuntu or Linux Mint. I've heard Windows 7 runs well on notebooks, so you can run that.
Overall, the best school laptop I've seen is *flamesheild* the aluminium Macbook. Incredible battery life and reliability. And you get points with all the non-mainstream girls.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by PlayMadness
Overall, the best school laptop I've seen is *flamesheild* the aluminium Macbook. Incredible battery life and reliability. And you get points with all the non-mainstream girls.

"non-mainstream" girls? From an Apple, the most commerically commerical laptop range available?

You'd be better off getting a Sammy, or *maybe* an Asus... real geeks are all about the power to value ratio.

Not to say there is anything wrong with Macbooks, just don't expect them to make you individual or avant-garde.
py parents and sister have like 6 netbooks, while they are protable, the screen size is kind of bad on ur eyes
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by PlayMadness

for the price he could by 3 pc net books and swap them around when the battery gets low.
Apple sell Apple, the product itself isn't important.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!