Page 1 of 3
This Thursday I am going to be taking a 20 hour car ride up to Michigan to my new home. I'm not going to be driving at all, so I have pretty much exactly 20 hours to kill while sitting in the passenger seat.

So I come to the Pit in a time of need and a need of guidance.

What do I do to entertain myself??

So far I have these things on my list:

- Music (duh)
- Read
- Pokemon (I just found my old gameboy so...HELL YEAH!)(It's Blue and Crystal BTW)
- Look out the window

What else can I do?

(Also, post stories of long car rides)
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
Last edited by RG5EX1 at Jun 27, 2009,
Sleep.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
"Are we there yet?"
Repeat
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by R_H_C_P
Sleep.

This. I always spend large portions of long car rides sleeping.

Other than what you listed there really isn't much else to do.
I usually take a couple pillows and stretch out across the backseat with my music in and just stare out the window. Once in a great while I'll attempt to shoot a picture if I'm really ambitious.

Occasionally I write or other creative activities. Having a laptop or something helps too.
All of our days are numbered
I’ve taken some comfort
In knowing the wave has crested
Knowing I don’t have to be an exception
For your own good please don't read in the car.

Once you get reading-related car sickness it doesn't go for ages.

20 hours. I don't envy you.
Take one of those language learning sound files, see how it works.
Listen to A Nightmare To Remember by Dream Theater

Actually, go the whole hog listen to the entire Dream Theater Studio Discography, it should take atleast 13 hours out of that or something like that. It's fun honest

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

blerg, reading writing and playing gameboy make me car sick, so be warey of that, but i always bring like a comedian's show on tape, like you can get peep show as a podcast and stand up shows, there always good.
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
Quote by RG5EX1
This Thursday I am going to be taking a 20 hour car ride up to Michigan to my new home. I'm not going to be driving at all, so I have pretty much exactly 20 hours to kill while sitting in the passenger seat.
Bring a pair of drumsticks and jam out to whatever's playing on the radio.
Padded dashboards make great drum pads!
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
1. Buy Tetris for gameboy
2. Promise yourself to play for only 10 minutes
3. Spend the whole ride trying to beat your high score.
Quote by CoBRaGe
Fap.

Do it.

I'll be in the car with my dad and my grandfather...

I guess it would be okay as long as I don't look them in the eye.
Quote by imdeth

1. Sleep
2. Fap
3. Music
4. Pokemon (can be done while listening to music, but the tunes emitted by Pokemon are thooper epic!)
5. Repeat

(omitting step 2 might be a good idea)
Quote by mamosa
1. Sleep
2. Fap
3. Music
4. Pokemon (can be done while listening to music, but the tunes emitted by Pokemon are thooper epic!)
5. Repeat

(repeating step 2 might be a good idea)

FIXED
bring a **** load of magazines with you. i love long car rides, i spend a lot of time listening to music and looking out the window
I've had to suffer from long car rides like this before (It's like 22 hours from where I live to Georgia, FML).

I usually just played Pokemon, listened to music, and read.......but I see those are already on your lsit......

I would also bring mah mandolin to play in the car, but I doubt your guitar would fit...Also, I would write stories, film scripts, lyrics, stuff like that.

But so long as you have Pokemon, you should be fine.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
bring a **** load of magazines with you. i love long car rides, i spend a lot of time listening to music and looking out the window

I would too, but 20 hours is a bit too long.

Plus, I get carsick from reading while being in a car
Quote by RG5EX1

I guess it would be okay as long as I don't look them in the eye.

Its ok as long as the Prestige is on.

But really, if you have a laptop you could spend a few hours watching a movie or two.
pokemon???????? what the f***?

Roll down your window and pretend to be a dog by sticking out your tongue and panting.
Pull the zap sign on other people on the road-just dont be a victim of road rage
Stare at other motorists
Close the windows and fart.
Quote by mamosa
I would too, but 20 hours is a bit too long.

Plus, I get carsick from reading while being in a car

what i do, is i bring my laptop along with a car charger and watch movies. consider that if you have a laptop, and if not it may be worth investing $70 into a cheapish portable DVD player. bring all your favorite movies and stuff.

EDIT: damn, beaten multiple times.

ALSO: bring your laptop and play some vid'ya games, preferably some long never ending games like Fallout 3, etc.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jun 27, 2009,
Quote by daytripper75
Its ok as long as the Prestige is on.

But really, if you have a laptop you could spend a few hours watching a movie or two.

Yeah. I really don't like to sit through movies though. IDK. I'm thinking of bringing the laptop and just running some emulators off of it.
Quote by imdeth

Quote by Jackolas
For your own good please don't read in the car.

Once you get reading-related car sickness it doesn't go for ages.

20 hours. I don't envy you.

Odd, I've never got that. I read in the car all the time.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
what i do, is i bring my laptop along with a car charger and watch movies. consider that if you have a laptop, and if not it may be worth investing $70 into a cheapish portable DVD player. bring all your favorite movies and stuff.

Best thing. I have an external HD with 40 movies on it. 160 GB HD is the best investment I ever made.
buy a portable kettle and invest in a teapot or coffee pot and spend your time boiling the kettle and making your drink of choice. buy real tea or coffee so it takes quite a long time to actually make it. This will eat up a lot of time.

Thats what i do, we've got this little kettle element that can plug into the cigarette lighter.
Quote by Zoot Allures
buy a portable kettle and invest in a teapot or coffee pot and spend your time boiling the kettle and making your drink of choice. buy real tea or coffee so it takes quite a long time to actually make it. This will eat up a lot of time.

Thats what i do, we've got this little kettle element that can plug into the cigarette lighter.

Quote by Zoot Allures

You damn English people and your fancy teas.

Just kidding, I love you all.
Quote by imdeth

Quote by oneblackened
Odd, I've never got that. I read in the car all the time.

i think it has something to do with balance and the like. Lucky btw!
Quote by tdsr93
Bring a

But today is brought to you by the letter D!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by imdeth

Page 1 of 3