Poll: Which guitar is more versatile?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitar is more versatile?
Flying V
5 28%
Ibanez RG series
13 72%
Voters: 18.
Which guitar has more versatility? I play mostly metal, but i also like to play blues.
Which one? The Gibson Flying V is quite versatile, but if you get an RG with HSH or coil tap, it'll be versatile too.
do you mean tonally or the guitar itself? i have both and i hardly ever use my v simply because its too awkward (sitting etc) but it plays way better than my RG. your choice really
what kinda V is it?, there are many different kinds, but Sitting with a V isnt as hard as some people say it is, you get use to it. It doesnt take alot to get a good blues tone, so any metal guitar, just role back the gain or volume, and you got a blues tone, id go with the V.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Id say the RG if it is a HSH setup, Also V's are extremely ackward to play sitting down imo.
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
From someone who has both, for those two styles, the rg wins by a long shot(as long as its an hsh and not a rg with a crappy trem)
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Ibanez definetly...better cleans and just overall easier to play.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
personally, I prefer V's. I've never owned an Ibanez so I can't really speak for their versatility. Based on public conception, they seem to be pretty versatile. But I never use a trem, never really found a legit use for it, so I'd go for a V.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!