I finally have an extra $300 in my budget to splurge, and im thinking new guitar would be great. I hate my current guitar. I own a crappy starter Squier that my sister gave me three years ago. It still plays alright but its an embarrassment. Its bad enough i'm a girl in the metal world, no one takes me seriously with a "Fender Squire Strat." ughh!! Plus its not the right guitar for my style.

I play metal/metalcore (KSE, B4MV, Atreyu, ATR, ect) and the bugger hums and buzzes anytime distortion is even introduced. my truss rod is bending, my action's too high, and the bolt on neck makes it hard for my small hands to reach the upper frets (of which there or only 21 1/2.. not 22) which makes soloing difficult

So basically my guitar kinda blows, Be that as it may, I need an amp. I had a 15 watt spider III for a while, but didn't like how it rendered my pedals useless, and wasn't too keen on the digital imitation of distortion. anyways hard times forced me to sell it a few months back. So now i've been borrowing an old marshall 15 watt from a friend of mine, but its time to step it up a bit. I'm reaching the point in my playing where my advancement is hindered by my equipment. or lack there of. plus im looking to start a band anyways

here's my dilema. $300 isn't gonna get me too far, but it'll get me a helluva lot better equip then i have. But, do i

A)buy just a good amp, buy the guitar later

B)buy Just a guitar, and rough it with the mini amp

C) go halfsies and get a semi-better guitar, and an alright amp.

D) save and wait

E) something else

BTW
((im not a snob, i'm totally willing to buy used equipment))

advice greatly apprecieated
thanks,
KS
I would save and wait. Get about $600 and get a Schecter Omen and a B-52 AT-112 and you will be set for what you play. Squiers are usually not that bad if you can get the action and stuff setup right and that amp is probably bad, but just wait some time and it will be well worth it bud.
you're a girl???
pics pls
im lonley

and i suggest selling those two for (if you are lucky) $150.
so you have about $440.
and you are starting a band so you still cant afford any decent giggable gear (unless you find an Ampeg VH140C for $200).

i suggest saving up until you get about $500-$600.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
i'd definately get a new amp.... they change your sound way more than a guitar ever will... plus, there's not point in having a flashy guitar if you aren't playing out...and to play out, you need a bigger, better amp.

also, i know that you can scratch off the Squier logo and buy a fender one for under 5 bucks online. i bet 95% of people will never even question it. it's a strat, it says fender.. it MUST be one..lol.
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
you're a girl???
pics pls
im lonley

Get about $600 and get a Schecter Omen and a B-52 AT-112

+1

B-52 are awesome amps.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

i would put the money into a new amp...unless the guitar is unplayable, a new amp will have the biggest effect on your tone

if you go tube, you may want some higher-gain pups in that beast of a squire, so possible look into getting a set of EMGs

and honestly, i would say never sell that guitar...its your first guitar, and thats something you can show off in 20 years when your 'the ****'
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
its allways fun to show people your still the sh!t even though you play a squier.

when you own fender USA players with a squier its great.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

save up some more, then buy a good amp, maybe a B-52 AT-112 Sell your Line 6 and then start saving up for a new guitar. There are probably cheap little mods that you can do to your guitar in the meantime to make it play better.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
i would save more, assuming you can do that in not too long of a time-frame. I haven't tried those b52s (they're not available easily outside of the USA), but they have a good rep for tube metal tones on a budget- would be worth a try anyway, if you can find a dealer.

for the guitar, get something solid-bodied with at least a bridge humbucker, that's the main thing to get you into the metal ballpark.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Silver-spear94
its allways fun to show people your still the sh!t even though you play a squier.

when you own fender USA players with a squier its great.

+1, i have done this, it is great. mainly because my older brother works at this rock summer day camp so i went for almost free, and there were a bunch of rich snobby kidss with high end guitars (obviously, the guitars were badly set up and were played through marshall MG's and spider's) so the rest is just history.

umm, anyway, i was pretty much in your situation for a while, but trust me, new amp is the way to go. not to mention, if you get in a band then a spider 15 might not have the volume. just keep the squier well set up, and if its an HSS, you could look into getting a nice pickup installed in the bridge after the amp.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
I would save and wait. Get about $600 and get a Schecter Omen and a B-52 AT-112 and you will be set for what you play. Squiers are usually not that bad if you can get the action and stuff setup right and that amp is probably bad, but just wait some time and it will be well worth it bud.

schecters aren't really my style im more of an esp fernandes dean kinda girl, but i'm definitely gonna end up with that amp next week. it sounds great, thanks
Alright, I asmit it, I hate Strats and Squiers especially. But one of my all-time favourite guitarists plays a Squier on recordings, so WTF! All that was to say it HURTS me to say this but amp first. Maybe you can pick up a giggable tube amp for what cash you have.
Then save for a Cort KX5 with or without a FR (around $250-300) and you'll have a very nice set up.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by MoreThanMetal7
schecters aren't really my style im more of an esp fernandes dean kinda girl, but i'm definitely gonna end up with that amp next week. it sounds great, thanks

how about godins? they're generally pretty good value, would be worth a look (as long as you don't hate the cosmetics and feel of the neck or something like that).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Those single coils are probably killing your ability to play that genre. I'd suggest hopping on Guitar Fetish's site and getting a single coil sized hot rails for your bridge pickup and putting the rest of the money towards an amp. You might be able to find a Vox AD30VTXL used within your budget. They're great amps for the genre and sound a TON better then that Spider your using.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.