Hi I've been playing for about a year and half on a beginner electric guitar (stagg S300!) I have gotten pretty good and want to upgrade bla bla bla. Anyway...I have no idea why I should choose one guitar over another and hence have registered here for some help.
My friend has suggested an Ibanez guitar, but doesn't know which model. The reason for this is because they have a low action (which I know I'd like because the action on my current guitar is way too high.) My budget is about £400 ($660).
I like to play hard rock such as AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, some Ozzy Osbourne, and also blues like Stevie ray vaughan. The tones I love though are Eddie Van Halen and Zakk Wylde. I know I don't want a Tele (just don't like the look).
Can someone please help? Out of interest if I were to go with Ibanez (just to narrow down the search), which Ibanez would you guys recommend on my budget?

Thanks for any replies!!!
why not just lower the action on your Stagg?
have a look at either the midrange RG series or the ART series
Ya go with the ART seris, I have been playing for 2 and a half years with a ART 100 and it is very good, especially through my Line 6 amp. The action is very low but doesn't buzz, and it comes with good enough pickups to play all sorts of music. Good clean and good distortion.
1. Go to a guitar store
2. Try out different guitars
3. Pick the one, within your budet range, that you like the best
4. ???
5. PROFIT
Quote by octopec
1. Go to a guitar store
2. Try out different guitars
3. Pick the one, within your budet range, that you like the best
4. ???
5. PROFIT

Lol Underpants gnomes?

So ART series Eh? I'll look into it. Also, how do I go about lowering the action on my stagg? Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide online? I don't live near any guitar stores unfortunately but I'm pretty handy with taking stuff apart etc.

Thanks for your replies!
Ibanez's don't have lower action than other guitars.... They just have thinner necks. I'd say Ibanez S470DXQM. Kickass guitar.
Quote by mamosa
Ibanez's don't have lower action than other guitars.... They just have thinner necks. I'd say Ibanez S470DXQM. Kickass guitar.

You can get lower action on a Prestige Ibanez because of the fretboard radius (17"). Regular Ibanezes only have a 15.75" radius.
So can anyone recommend a guide online as to how I go about lowering the action of my current guitar? (this is just something I wanna do in the mean time until I get a new one) Also is lowering the action recommended? Anyone done it?
Quote by nolaynenochains
So can anyone recommend a guide online as to how I go about lowering the action of my current guitar? (this is just something I wanna do in the mean time until I get a new one) Also is lowering the action recommended? Anyone done it?

If it's too high, then yes, it is recommended. You may want to take it to a shop to get it professionally set up. Otherwise, try some youtube videos like this.
By the way, don't let anyone else tell you your action is too high. If you like it that way, then **** everyone else.
I really don't like it that way! I don't understand why anyone would. Everything is so much more effort to do! Thanks for that video, gonna try it out.
Quote by mamosa

nice guitar, but i wouldn't recommend it as it has a FR and TS has been playing 1.5 years.

If you want an Ibanez just because you want an Ibanez then jump onto the site and look at their range. also look at Jackson, ESP, and schecter.
Quote by nolaynenochains
I really don't like it that way! I don't understand why anyone would. Everything is so much more effort to do! Thanks for that video, gonna try it out.

It's a mystery. I hear Eddie Van Halen plays with his strings really high up.
Well I've successfully lowered the action on my guitar! Thanks for that video. Why didn't I do this a year and a half ago? Grrrr. Anyway, is there any other guitars you guys would recommend? Any other ibanez models? I live in the UK by the way. Just wondering if there is a guitar website that sells guitars cheaper than most?

Thanks for all your responses. This forum rocks!
The Ibanez S470 is an incredible guitar for the money and that's certainly where I'd be putting my money.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=10988

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=12078

Either one of these would be perfect. The maple top on the more expensive version looks really nice and the maple should help to bring the high notes out a little but other than that they're really just the same guitar. Both are superb.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
+1 to the S series. I love mine.

But also consider:
ART
SA
SV

The above three don't have locking trems, and the ART is hardtail.
So if you don't want a locking trem, look at these.

Considering your musical tastes, I'd say the ART is probably the best choice for you.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
The AR's have been re-released in the UK. I'd look at the AR200 or the AR250.
Quote by Simsimius
+1 to the S series. I love mine.

But also consider:
ART
SA
SV

The above three don't have locking trems, and the ART is hardtail.
So if you don't want a locking trem, look at these.

Considering your musical tastes, I'd say the ART is probably the best choice for you.

+1.

The non-double locking tremolo Ibanez guitars may be better suited to TS, because he hasn't been playing very long. That's not to say he shouldn't get a double locking one, but it would be easier for him with either the ART, SA or SV.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by soul.power
+1.

The non-double locking tremolo Ibanez guitars may be better suited to TS, because he hasn't been playing very long. That's not to say he shouldn't get a double locking one, but it would be easier for him with either the ART, SA or SV.

Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO