Ok people recently my friend broke his hi-fi (broke the speaker output) and gave the speakers to me the speakers work and on the back of the particle board casing it says they are 6 ohms (the wierd c shape turned 90 degrees) what iv done is

- Taken them apart
- Made sure each speaker worked
- Attatched the 2 particle board boxes together (makes a cab-like shape)
- Inserted speakers

now i have the 2 speakers wired together to make the + and - and i have attatched them to my Marshall G10 Mk.II by disconnecting the current speaker and using the output wires from the amp to attatch to the cab. The volume isnt that much louder now though but thats not a problem as this is only to make sure everything works and after a while of playing i confirmed it definatley does.

The question is What amp heads will be compatible with these speakers and make the most of them ( i will be buying a "proper" cab later this is just temporary)
Preferably a cheap head and im not too fussy about the brand either.

I Play a variety of things ranging from Pink Floyd, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Arctic Monkeys, Eric Clapton and a fair few others

Thanks

Warp3r
Quote by will123456789

and mate: ure the first 08er to make me laugh kudos

Quote by Mr. La Fritz
Turn it off and on again.

^ Golden computer rule.

Quote by Spamwise
I've had a hooker die once. I love getting free stuff.
Generally, hifi speakers don't work well or sound good with guitar amps...
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
i know that it wont sound too good i just need a reason to buy an amp head (pushing myself towards a half stack) and i need a new amp anywayand this is just somethin to keep me goin till a get a cab
Quote by will123456789

and mate: ure the first 08er to make me laugh kudos

Quote by Mr. La Fritz
Turn it off and on again.

^ Golden computer rule.

Quote by Spamwise
I've had a hooker die once. I love getting free stuff.
Quote by DLrocket89
Generally, hifi speakers don't work well or sound good with guitar amps...

Yep. Unless you are running exclusively a piezo... hi-fi's aren't what you are looking for.

Warp3r, I hate to burst your bubble, but the only amps you'll find that will run a 12ohm "cab" (I use that term loosely) will be solid state amps, which I cannot in good conscience recommend unless you play only bass or jazz. Most tube heads are designed for 4, 8, or 12ohm cabs.

Furthermore, 12ohms is based on the assumption that you wired the speakers in series, but I am not sure whether you did because your description was very unclear. If you wired them in parallel, then you have a 3ohm cab, and probably the only amps that will safely run that are hi-fi stereo receivers, not guitar amps. Sorry man.
A tube amp would be comfortable running these speakers, if it's wired in series ( 12 ohm ), from the 8ohm tap. Going UP with impedence, within reason, is fine for tube amps...going DOWN is potentially not so good.

Probably a modeling amp would sound best thru these. Not ideal, but...anything else is most likely going to be a big disappointment sound-wise. But hey, use 'em if you got 'em! Just be careful of how much wattage you pump into them. Are there any power markings?