Hi guys i was looking at ebay for good guitars that i can buy for cheap because all the prices are expensive in my country and i saw an edwards les paul E-LP-112CE

http://www.guitarjapan.com/edwards/spec/e-lp-105ce.html

here's the link the total cost of guitar and shipping would be like 1050 dollars. its new guitar not used. there is one used for 770 dollars and free shipping but with seymoud duncans not emgs which is kinda better. anyway how are these edwards? are they good quality guitars? i heard that hey are on par with esp s is that true? also is buying the used one or new one more logical? i need help on this thanks.
Edwards is made by ESP. And they are amazing quality guitars. Almost as good as the Navigators. And the Duncans will offer more versatility.
I havent heard of navigators but with a small research see how they are=) if the edwards is as good as navigators its a much better decision to buy one instead buying a ltd ec 1000 or something.
Do eet!
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Quote by blind.quardian
I havent heard of navigators but with a small research see how they are=) if the edwards is as good as navigators its a much better decision to buy one instead buying a ltd ec 1000 or something.

Don't worry about Navigators. You won't find one. I was just using it as a point of comparison. Edwards are amazing.

I had to pass up a Navigator for $375 and my ****ty Spider III because I didn't have cash
So is buying the new one or used one more logical? the used one has a really small crack at the back which is not so important and thats it also its a 2007 model i think not 2009.
The crack is in the back of the neck or where? And is it a finish crack or a wood crack? I'd say go used. Unless it's a bad neck crack.
Quote by mamosa
The crack is in the back of the neck or where? And is it a finish crack or a wood crack? I'd say go used. Unless it's a bad neck crack.

oh no no not in the back of the neck=) back of the body and a small crack. i think its like a wood crack but not so big. here's a pic.

Last edited by blind.quardian at Jun 27, 2009,
Go used.

EDIT: and that just looks likea finish crack.
Last edited by mamosa at Jun 27, 2009,
If that's the only problem with it, definitely take the used one. The strings are on the other side anyway.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Thanks for help. Btw i want to play fast melodic metal with it. in flames , children of bodom, symphony x etc. will i be able to play fast solos with a les paul guitar? how thick is the neck does anyone know that? Also the fret access is not as good as a doublecut guitar but is it very bad?
Fret access isn't terrible... but not good.

But if you want to play metal, an EC-1000 fits more. The Edwards has closer to a LP thick neck. It's possible to shred on it, but maybe it isn't right for you. Plus, EMGs will be better for melodic death metal than SDs.
i doubt edwardses are as good as navigators. I haven't tried navigators, but even the mid-range MIJ tokais (the ones around the thousand pound mark, ls150, something like that?) are superior to edwards, if you ask me, and navigators are presumably going to be of similar quality to the really high-end tokais. That being said, edwards make very nice guitars for the money (i have one)- i think, after a lot of digging, we've finally figured out that they're started off in china, and only finished off in japan, if that matters to you. I think that's how they keep them so cheap.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
what now? don't get me wrong, they're nice guitars. I prefer them to the cheapest MIJ Tokais, personally, i think you get more for your money.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well im not familiar with tokais. anyway are edwards really start off in china then finished in japan? does it make it made in japan and are you sure about it. if they are made in china its not that great... Also the neck is as thick as a lp i dont think it would be very comfortable:/
I said "almost as good as Navigators." I tried a Navigator and an Edwards and the Navigator was incredible, but not miles better than the Edwards.
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
If an Edwards is almost as good as a Navigator, how would you describe an ESP standard compared to a Navigator?

Well, the Edwards I played played better than the Eclipse II that I've played. Maybe I played a bad one
And the Navigator was better than the Edwards.
Quote by mamosa
I said "almost as good as Navigators." I tried a Navigator and an Edwards and the Navigator was incredible, but not miles better than the Edwards.

no problem, just making sure he didn't get the wrong end of the stick.

Quote by blind.quardian
Well im not familiar with tokais. anyway are edwards really start off in china then finished in japan? does it make it made in japan and are you sure about it. if they are made in china its not that great... Also the neck is as thick as a lp i dont think it would be very comfortable:/

i just used tokai as an example of another MIJ copy.

I'm not 100% sure about the edwards, but I'm about as sure as you can be considering how coy ESP is about where they're made, lol. I'm going by this thread here:

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/other-les-pauls/43888-edwards-guitars-whole-story-more.html

and also a couple of people on the tokai registry forum and japanaxe have emailed ESP and posted ESP's reply, where ESP have admitted that they're started off in China.

They're certainly higher quality than pretty much any other Chinese-made guitar I've tried- I had mine for about 6 months before the rumours started that they weren't MIJ, and at no point did I think mine wasn't MIJ, based on the quality- I have an MIJ Ibanez RG and an MIJ Tokai to compare it to.

Personally, I don't think I'd buy another one because I don't like how, for years, ESP was trying to hide behind technicalities to call them "MIJ"- but based on the quality, they're still very, very nice guitars for the money, regardless of where they're made. They're made in a factory solely owned by ESP, which (possibly) explains the higher quality.

I'm not trying to talk you into them or anything, just not trying to talk you out of them solely for being Chinese-made either.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, Dave, Edwards are made in China, assembled in Japan according to Shane at Bmusic.

But, as you said, location doesn't connote quality.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i doubt edwardses are as good as navigators. I haven't tried navigators, but even the mid-range MIJ tokais (the ones around the thousand pound mark, ls150, something like that?) are superior to edwards, if you ask me, and navigators are presumably going to be of similar quality to the really high-end tokais. That being said, edwards make very nice guitars for the money (i have one)- i think, after a lot of digging, we've finally figured out that they're started off in china, and only finished off in japan, if that matters to you. I think that's how they keep them so cheap.
Agreed! The Navigators are simply higher-end, more equivalent to the older Orvilles and Burnys.

BTW, you forgot to post the link: http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/other-les-pauls/43888-edwards-guitars-whole-story-more.html#post801191

please stop talking about Navigator's, makes me regret not purchasing my mates when i had the chance to bulk dissapointment. gone to slit wrist....
Quote by azn_guitarist25
please stop talking about Navigator's, makes me regret not purchasing my mates when i had the chance to bulk dissapointment. gone to slit wrist....

Same thing happened to me
Well in fact it doesnt matter a lot if they are made in china because they really look high quality... they only thing is if the neck is too big for me :/
haha, ippon.

and the neck... hard to say. if you know you need a wizard-style neck, then yeah, it's going to be too thick. The one on mine isn't like a baseball bat or anything, though. I'm not too well up on gibson neck profiles, but i've heard the edwards neck described as between a gibson 50s and 60s neck profile, i think.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?