Hey, today i purchased a red epiphone flying v guitar second hand. however when i looked on the internet for the new price of it, i could not find an epiphone v in red at all. have i been ripped off or am i not searching hard enough

also if it helps, its made in 2004 in china
maybe flying v guitars from epiphone are rare in red?..
If you find a place where they sell them please P.M. me or something,
Theres tons of them in red, just cus u couldnt find a pic of one doesnt mean you were ripped off.
I have a midnight sapphire (blue) Epi Les Paul Ultra and its hard to find a pic of it on the net, some colors of guitars just are
i think there were red epiphones some time ago, but also, it coud have been painted, so you can't judge by that.

To see if it is a fake, check the pickups for any "epiphone" marks on them, and check if the pots in the pics are in the same spot as yours. Also, check obvious signs like a set neck, 22 frets with do inlays, see if the logo is a sticker and if it is on the right place, and if the dimensions are eqivalent to the pics of epihone v's that you have.

post pics too. it might help

Quote by SilverchairFan
I have a midnight sapphire (blue) Epi Les Paul Ultra and its hard to find a pic of it on the net, some colors of guitars just are

true. not everybody uploads pics of their guitars. There are some colors you just don't see, because there weren't many guitars in those colors, and the retail stores or the brand's websites didn't upload pics. Until this year, i hadn't seen a Dean ML in silverburst, and then a pic was uploaded to MF.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Jun 27, 2009,
ok thanks for the help, just thought it was a bit iffy, the only thing is that i couldnt find epiphone on the pickups so they may well have been changed considering everything else is fine
Also i paid £120 for mine with only a few scratches, my freinds say it was a bargain, any idea what the retail price is?
Quote by ghandi andy
Also i paid £120 for mine with only a few scratches, my freinds say it was a bargain, any idea what the retail price is?

well, before recession, they were about $400USD on the web (i think about 240pounds), so you got a good price on it

also, use the edit button, to avoid problems with double posting.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI