Page 1 of 3
Well pit I've been thinking about moving to England in the future. The states are getting very boring.

Tell me stuff about England that will interest me and motivate me to live there. What areas are nice to live in, shops that exist, museums, etc.
soad for life <3
a bit hard to tell you what shops exists, nice areas, etc. for the whole country mate.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Britain, or England specifically?

Don't forget... Wales, Scotland, Northern Island, Republic Of Ireland.

Oh

and the channel islands?

Edit - spot my mistakes.
Last edited by Jackolas at Jun 27, 2009,
tbh mate there ain't much to tell. it depends where abouts you wanted to go. Really, we are over-hyped as an actual area but if there is a specific area then we might be of more help. may i suggest a travel brochure...it may paint england in a better light
Quote by stroker93
That is the best deal I have EVER seen Loooza

^ yes, the best deal he has ever seen came from me!!! (Take it as you want!!! )

I LOVE THE VAMP LESTAT AND GUITARGUY01!!!
It's not that good. I'd trade homes with you and come and live in USA.
Quote by firestarter12
does any1 know where I can get a fender les paul? i always only see 1 or the other but i want one thats both.

Seriously, TS, don't be every American teenage girl ever.

EDIT: There's always Texas.
Last edited by Quam Celerrime at Jun 27, 2009,
If I was a yank and coming to England specifically, I'd do something along the lines of...

London.... Then up t' Yorkshire and round there. Peak district; Then down to Cornwall and the like. Stopping also at Bristol and Bath and a few other places of note.

It may be a 'small island' but there is more crammed in than almost anywhere else.
DON'T move to Northampton. It's absolutely terrible here, worse than terrible. Absolutly nothing to do, 2nd worst crime rate in the UK, one of the worst councils in the UK, further away from the sea than just about any other major town/city....

Don't come here for your own good. Move somewhere better in England, like Preston or somewhere.
There's a surprising ammount of nature if you don't walk past the woody areas, walk through them.

There's alot of gems out there, there all really quite magical

I'd suggest living in Devon, its one of the warmer places, and its nice
Quote by Jackolas
Britain, or England specifically?

Don't forget... Wales, Scotland, Northern Island, Republic Of Ireland.

Oh

and the channel islands?
The Republic of Ireland is NOT part of Britain. Hence the term Republic. You'd be killed over here for that by some people.
R.I.P. Lester William Polsfuss June 9, 1915–August 13, 2009
Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
Quote by Kensai
I'm a good person and I never meet any pretty girls who loves jesus
You could go to London, but there are much more interesting places than England. Try somewhere else in Europe, or Africa, everyone loves Africa.

Don't come to Birmingham, it's far too chavy, though there are some nice areas dotted about the country.
Last edited by aaciseric at Jun 27, 2009,
Quote by TEK34
Don't come here for your own good. Move somewhere better in England, like Preston or somewhere.

Preston isn't good. Theres too many chavs (thugs) here.

Seriously, gangs are overloading the streets. Sucks.
Quote by firestarter12
does any1 know where I can get a fender les paul? i always only see 1 or the other but i want one thats both.

Quote by Obder
Preston isn't good. Theres too many chavs (thugs) here.

Seriously, gangs are overloading the streets. Sucks.

Trust me, Preston>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Northampton.
Well, there IS our overwhelming love for you Americans.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Quote by -NOFX-
The Republic of Ireland is NOT part of Britain. Hence the term Republic. You'd be killed over here for that by some people.

OMG huge blunder on my part... Sorry I'm tired and had a few stellas.

I know I would be, but that is their ****ing problem. Really really.

What I was trying to get across though is... Wales, Ireland (collectively) and Scotland are worth checking out too.
Quote by TEK34
Trust me, Preston>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Northampton.

I highly doubt it. And anyways, why are you trying to make it seem like you live in a tough area?
Quote by firestarter12

Quote by ChucklesMginty

Edit: Your biggest asset is that you're a 15-year old girl.

Corrected
Quote by JohnnyV
Move to Canada. We're pretty British (we honour the Queen)

Haha yea. That's actually the one thing I dislike about us. Stupid royal blood stuff. Also, how we relate god to our National Anthem just like every other country annoys me.

But if you like royalty and aren't Atheist you won't have any problems like I do.

Canada is pretty awesome. I would suggest either Vancouver (really expensive though) or a smaller town close to Toronto.
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
Quote by AlterEdge
Haha yea. That's actually the one thing I dislike about us. Stupid royal blood stuff. Also, how we relate god to our National Anthem just like every other country annoys me.

Surely there are worse things than an old lady with a crown... I have kind of grown to like our Queen.
Quote by pag_slash_2
Surely there are worse things than an old lady with a crown... I have kind of grown to like our Queen.
Given half a chance I'd bludgeon the whole royal family to death. And on-topic whatever you do don't come to swindon. ever.
Ok, so I'm a 15 year old chick.
But I have my reasons to move(relatives in Ukraine so it's closer, that's one of em), and I don't want to move to a country where I have to learn another language.
Im studying forensic science right now, so maybe I could live in a place where the justice system is "functioning well", I dunno how else to word it, and also live in a nice neighborhood.
soad for life <3
Quote by Alex Vik
How many states have you been to? There's a ton of things to do in each one.

I've been to many states and countries. Nothing appeals to me.
soad for life <3
Quote by Alex Vik
How many states have you been to? There's a ton of things to do in each one.

^this
England is so messed up! explore America more or go to Austrailia i hear its nice over there.
Quote by pag_slash_2

Oh I don't have anything against her specifically. Just that Royalty has always had that "I'm better than you because I have this supposed royal blood" attitude. Everyone should be equal and people who put themselves higher than others are obviously ignorant. Watch Gladiator etc to see what Royalty use to be like etc. Kings have been killed so many times I think they've learned to not rule as much.
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
Last edited by AlterEdge at Jun 27, 2009,
Quote by serjiscoolz
so maybe I could live in a place where the justice system is "functioning well", I dunno how else to word it, and also live in a nice neighborhood.
The justice system is certainly not functioning well here or in any other part of the world for that matter. And I'm sure there are nice nieghbourhoods in america. But whatever. Move to england if that's what you really want to do.
Quote by serjiscoolz
But I have my reasons to move(relatives in Ukraine so it's closer, that's one of em), and I don't want to move to a country where I have to learn another language.
Im studying forensic science right now, so maybe I could live in a place where the justice system is "functioning well", I dunno how else to word it, and also live in a nice neighborhood.

if your coming over to england, you need to start spelling the english way of spelling!!!

fair enough reasons, it'll be hard to find a good neighbourhood in these times of gangs and knife crime. maybe check out the statistics of crime in the different areas of england so you can see where less crime happens??
Quote by stroker93
That is the best deal I have EVER seen Loooza

^ yes, the best deal he has ever seen came from me!!! (Take it as you want!!! )

I LOVE THE VAMP LESTAT AND GUITARGUY01!!!
Quote by serjiscoolz

Have a look at some of the neighbourhoods in solihul near Birmingham, really nice place with good shopping near by. There are little areas away from the big cities that are really nice that are worth looking at. In a few years i'd imagine though. Oh, they might be a bit expensive, so watch out for that.
I like to think I'm one of about 2 that have given proper advice in this thread...
I think the the uk would be a ok place for a holiday, but i would never recomend anyone to move here.
Britain, as in the bigger island with England, Scotland and Wales, is great. Thar's why I moved to Ireland, which is not part of Britain but we have to put up with being one of the British Isles.
Quick run-down:
Devon & Cornwall. Good beaches and moors. You can live cheap there if you are a pony. No work except beach bum types jobs in the Summer
Rest of South-West: Cream Teas and OAP's
South Coast: Victorian resorts full of Victorians
London: Expensive but fun
Rest of South: Dull
East: Flat
Midlands: Flat and crowded
Wales: Hilly and empty
Yorkshire: So you like Cricket?
Rest of North: Dirty and crowded
Cumbria: Mountains, lakes and sheep. Nowt else.
Glasgow: Take an interpreter
Scotland: see Cumbria
Northern Ireland: Don't wear red, white and blue in some areas, or green, white and gold in other areas. With luck you discover which areas are which. Or not.
The Republic of Ireland: This is the country of Saints and scholars, where everyone is friendly, hospitable and generous. Even better. We have Guinness.

@TEK34 It could be worse. Milton Keynes! Where I used to go to Northampton for entertainment.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Jackolas
OMG huge blunder on my part... Sorry I'm tired and had a few stellas.

I know I would be, but that is their ****ing problem. Really really.

What I was trying to get across though is... Wales, Ireland (collectively) and Scotland are worth checking out too.
Lol fair enough. Not saying I'd be one of those people by the way. But Ireland's not that great to be honest. I loved London when I was there last Summer.
R.I.P. Lester William Polsfuss June 9, 1915–August 13, 2009
Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
Quote by Kensai
I'm a good person and I never meet any pretty girls who loves jesus
If you want really english england, i'd say gloucestershire/herefordshire seem's to sum it up most. Nice countryside, safe, nice homes. Apart from Gloucester there isn't really a horrid place in glos... Forest of Dean is meant to be the UK's best place to live/grow up.
I can give you a warning. Watch out for chavs. Don't know if anyone has said that already.
Quote by vitchb
If you want really english england, i'd say gloucestershire/herefordshire seem's to sum it up most. Nice countryside, safe, nice homes. Apart from Gloucester there isn't really a horrid place in glos... Forest of Dean is meant to be the UK's best place to live/grow up.

I live in Gloucestershire, it's pretty but I wouldn't advics it to someone who's interested in good shops/museums or general city life, it's pretty dull in that area..
Quote by -NOFX-
Lol fair enough. Not saying I'd be one of those people by the way. But Ireland's not that great to be honest. I loved London when I was there last Summer.

Nah I know, no problem.

Quote by Lurcher
Midlands: Flat and crowded
Wales: Hilly and empty
Rest of North: Dirty and crowded
Glasgow: Take an interpreter

Are you insane?

Quote by vitchb

Oh who gives a **** what is meant to be the best place... There are nice areas and not-so-nice areas literally all over Britain.
Last edited by Jackolas at Jun 27, 2009,
Page 1 of 3