Poll: What's best for a LOUD Slipknot sound? (Also combined with Boss Metal Pedal)
Poll Options
View poll results: What's best for a LOUD Slipknot sound? (Also combined with Boss Metal Pedal)
Crate FlexWave 120W Half Stack
0 0%
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack
3 25%
Peavey Windsor
1 8%
Peavey Valveking
1 8%
B-52 Half Stack
2 17%
Bugera Half Stack
5 42%
Voters: 12.
Page 1 of 2
I'm in a metal band and we're starting to play shows this summer. My amp is only a 30 watt ****ty fender and i need a good half stack for cheap. I've been looking at a Crate half stack for 499.99 and a Line 6 Spider III half stack for 524.99. I'm not sure which way to go though and i want one that would have a good metal tone. Which one should I choose or is there an amp that's a good reliable brand for around $500 you'd suggest?
neither.

youve been here since 07 and have learned nothing? spider IIIS are NONONONONO and so are crates (for the most part)

any reason you can use a combo friend?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

^this my friend is your destiny.
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Both are ****.

You don't need a halfstack. Look for a used tube combo.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Jun 27, 2009,
Quote by ChiliFan01
(Invalid img)

it cant do metal.

and after i say this your gonna show me the Tiny Terror metal video........ oh whoop de doo.

TS i suggest a Combo.
or if you can find one a Ampeg VH140C Stack or a Peavey Ultra/Butcher Stack.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
peavey vk is gr8, i get a machine head sound outta mine easy nowadays that i have my mxr 6 band, but there are better amp out there such as the peavey 6505 if you have pleanty o cash
Gear -

Gibson 1967 flying V (cherry)!

Marshall JCM2000 half stack

Boss SD-1

Check out my Metal band KickFist at www.myspace.com/Kickfist
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
it cant do metal.

and after i say this your gonna show me the Tiny Terror metal video........ oh whoop de doo.

TS i suggest a Combo.
or if you can find one a Ampeg VH140C Stack or a Peavey Ultra/Butcher Stack.

No im not, but, all im saying, Orange=Jim Root=Slipknot= Explosion
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Quote by ChiliFan01

Jim Root does not use a Tiny Terror though...
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by ChiliFan01

Rocker Verb 50 =/= Tiny terror.

and he uses a Deizel and an Uberschall......... i saw it on a pic...
feel free to add me
Go for a 120watt Combo, I got a Behringer GMX 212 and its Metal as ****, and loud as ****
Magnum - Lead Guitar/Vocals ...Feeling Lucky?

Quote by pilgrimevan

...actually my favorite riff came out of getting a handjob.
Quote by vigenharutyunya
hmm also i'd suggest getting a Peavey Windsor but in MF and GC you cant find one anymore... onlny heads separately...
hmm so say you pay 300 for Windsor Head.. what cab to use with it??

the windsor is not very capable of doing metal. And the TS's pedlas honestly suck,he needs a good amp distortion.
Quote by EL1XER
Go for a 120watt Combo, I got a Behringer GMX 212 and its Metal as ****, and loud as ****
mmmm no. it's sh*t.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Last edited by ldnovelo at Jun 27, 2009,
The 4 links that we posted are probably the best amps for your budget. the B-52 AT112 or the Bugera 6260 should be fine. They are a little more than $500 though. (B-52=$580, Bugera=$600)
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Quote by EL1XER

it is ****
feel free to add me
Quote by MatrixClaw
Jim Root does not use a Tiny Terror though...

Yes, i no, however if the posters had been playing big gigs i would have suggested the orange amp that he does use,but a tiny terror is a nice size amp that play at a good volume for his type of gig,and for his style.
My Gig Rig...

Quote by Metalcoresoul
The 4 links that we posted are probably the best amps for your budget. the B-52 AT112 or the Bugera 6260 should be fine. They are a little more than $500 though. (B-52=$580, Bugera=$600)

Huh?

The B-52 is $360...

Quote by EL1XER

If there's any "advice" you don't listen to in this thread. Make it this one.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by ChiliFan01
Yes, i no, however if the posters had been playing big gigs i would have suggested the orange amp that he does use,but a tiny terror is a nice size amp that play at a good volume for his type of gig,and for his style.

Not really.

Go with the B-52 AT112, it's the best you will get new within your budget. Also take a look at the links that ldnovelo posted.
Quote by Metalcoresoul

the TS is in Nebraska, so he can order from MF or samash. that means that B52=$360. you are right on buguera. Also, the randall RG50TC ($580) is awesome.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Quote by ldnovelo
the windsor is not very capable of doing metal. And the TS's pedlas honestly suck,he needs a good amp distortion.
mmmm no. it's sh*t.

hmmm idk ive that's not opnly me saying... the Windsors distortion is really good and for metal.. as long as it has not cleran than it makes thing even clearer.. it was made for heavy stuff.. if it still doesnt enough for you than just throw a decent Dirt pedal and here you go
Quote by vigenharutyunya
hmmm idk ive that's not opnly me saying... the Windsors distortion is really good and for metal.. as long as it has not cleran than it makes thing even clearer.. it was made for heavy stuff.. if it still doesnt enough for you than just throw a decent Dirt pedal and here you go

The windsor can get up to a good hard rock and glam metal tone to my ears. I dont think you can even do Metallica or Megadeth without a pedal and...well, the TS doesnt have a decent dirt pedal. from his profile:
Gibson: SG Special
Ludwig: Trapset + 2 cymbals
Fender: Squier Stratocaster
Fender: Champion 130
Fender: 15w
Boss: Metal Petal
???: Crybaby
Digitech: Flange Pedal
FAB...: Metal Pedal (sux)
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Quote by ChiliFan01

His destiny is muddy crap tone? Tiny Terrors aren't any good at metal. I wanted one for the longest time, but they don't do high gain well.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by vigenharutyunya
hmm well than what'd be the best pedal for about 50-100 for Windsor...??? or getting VK would be better?

Neither one, the B-52 is probably the best bet in that price range. Though I do love the Windsor, it's not nearly as versatile as the AT-112.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by vigenharutyunya
B-52?? that's an SS amp isn it?

wai u threadjackinz??

the AT series is tube.
feel free to add me
Quote by vigenharutyunya
any link to it in GC or MF?? ^^^

look at my first post. i put 4 links of good amps for metal around the $500-600 price range. the B-52 is great tough, and only $360
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Quote by Nonpoint
I'm in a metal band and we're starting to play shows this summer. My amp is only a 30 watt ****ty fender and i need a good half stack for cheap. I've been looking at a Crate half stack for 499.99 and a Line 6 Spider III half stack for 524.99. I'm not sure which way to go though and i want one that would have a good metal tone. Which one should I choose or is there an amp that's a good reliable brand for around $500 you'd suggest?

I'm a firm disbeliever in the mid-priced half-stack. Put a mic in front of what you have now and run it through the PA. When you start making a few $$ and you have a little more experience playing gigs you'll know exactly what you want and might be able to afford it.
peavey valve king 112 combo?
roland cube 60?
Gear
Fender MIM strat
Epiphone G-400 in white (yeah i know, fuck you i like it)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Roland Micro Cube
EHX Big Muff
Danelectro Cool Cat Distortion
EHX Nano Small Stone
Boss DD-3 Delay
Vox V847-A Wah
Radial London Bones
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
Rocker Verb 50 =/= Tiny terror.

and he uses a Deizel and an Uberschall......... i saw it on a pic...

And they were sitting right next to the Rockerverbs and a few Mesa Mark IV's

Two Mesa Mark IV's: $4000
Two Orange Rockerverb 50's: 2400 Euros.
An assortment of Orange, Diezel, and Bogner cabs to run them through: $4500
Throwing a wrench into the gears of your beliefs: Priceless.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by vigenharutyunya
but the b-52 aint 100 watt like the VK or windsor

It's 60 watts, which is MORE than enough. You mic at large gigs anyways. Wattage is more about headroom than volume.
Quote by vigenharutyunya
and it's not a halfstack... hmm id go for Windsor for sure if they didnt cancel the halfstack...
and also i aint a 100% metal player.. and i oplay heavy metal if i do so.. it'd be greate for me.. the problem is now idk what cab to atke it with

the B-52 is wayy more versatile than the Windsor.
feel free to add me
Quote by MatrixClaw
Huh?

The B-52 is $360...

If there's any "advice" you don't listen to in this thread. Make it this one.

Oh, I got the Randall's price mixed up with the B-52.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Listen to WTF and get the B-52. 60 watts tube is definitely loud enough to play gigs, and there's also no need for a halfstack because a combo is pretty much the same its just all in one box.
BEEP

<_<

>_>

Beeeeeeeeep
Page 1 of 2