So I wanna look into buying a laptop for gaming, browsing internet, and listening to music, downloading etc.

What's a cheap one that will easily play games like Team Fortress 2, Oblivion with good graphics and upcoming games with good graphics etc.
Oh, and my IP provider is BT. I have a wired router. If I phone them up will they give me a free wireless router for wireless internet?

Because I'm a bit ****ed otherwise.
Also, how many hours is 10gigs of internet time?
Last edited by Lollage123 at Jun 27, 2009,
Quote by Lollage123
So I wanna look into buying a laptop for gaming, browsing internet, and listening to music, downloading etc.

What's a cheap one that will easily play games like Team Fortress 2, Oblivion with good graphics and upcoming games with good graphics etc.
Oh, and my IP provider is BT. I have a wired router. If I phone them up will they give me a free wireless router for wireless internet?

Good luck finding that.
Quote by Lollage123

What's a cheap one that will easily play games like Team Fortress 2, Oblivion with good graphics and stuff?

Depends. I'm guessing no. I didn't know BT still did wired routers, so it is a possibility. They aren't exactly bank breakingly expensive now. (Talking about wireless).

About gaming laptops.. they can age quickly. Keep in mind upgrading the graphics card in them is.. well, not like a desktop.
I dunno about the laptop, seems a bit ambitious to me, but BT will almost definitely send you a free HomeHub, they gave us one.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by WillPlayForFood
I got a compaq for 500$ that can do all that and its awesome ^^.
Its a compaw presario.

You may or may not be interested to know Compaq have been using the Presario name for over 14 years.

Wow, I'm a geek.
Quote by WillPlayForFood
I got a compaq for 500$ that can do all that and its awesome ^^.
Its a compaw presario.

Link please, and

I dunno about the laptop, seems a bit ambitious to me, but BT will almost definitely send you a free HomeHub, they gave us one.

Would it be cheaper to buy a new computer then?
... Is your request possible?

Flippedit: Yea, it is. Check this out, should be what yous looking for. Might want to get a better battery for it when you get it though.

CLICK HERE
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Jun 27, 2009,
Quote by Lollage123
Link please, and

Would it be cheaper to buy a new computer then?

as a general rule, for the same spec, you can expect to pay at least a few hundred less for a desktop than for a (well designed - not crap) laptop.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
by the way iv ebeen using that laptop for about 4 months and its pretty reliable although i've had issues with the microphone but thats about it.
Quote by Lollage123

Also, how many hours is 10gigs of internet time?

You will have to at least spend 1000USD to get this.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by Lollage123
Would that play any/all new pc games with hd then?

yeah its got 2gb ram and a nice video card. Nividia geforce 8200M G It can run oblivion full graphics and games like bioshock and call of duty. I like it. I mostly play Fear combat and runs smooth.
Well I have a bollcks wndows xp 2002 edition conputer compaq presario cpu.. What would I need to upgrade to play games or should I just buy everything new?
www.ibuypower.com

good site to build your own comp, or alienware i think has good ones as well
Quote by yo_peh
i love you!
have cookie

Quote by RocksAwakening5
^^^ So much win, omg.
Quote by Lollage123
Would that play any/all new pc games with hd then?

no that is not a gaming laptop at all
Quote by yo_peh
i love you!
have cookie

Quote by RocksAwakening5
^^^ So much win, omg.
Quote by Lollage123
And hwat does everyone else think of this?

That you could (now) get something better. The NVIDIA GeForce 8200M is not new.

You may want to consider an NVIDIA Geforce 9400M, at least.
if you want to play just about any new game that comes out with good framerates, your gonna need something close to this:

http://www.alienware.com/products/area-51-m15x-notebook.aspx?SysCode=PC-LT-AREA51M15X-AI1&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT

laptops get expensive if you wanna play good games, you can get a good gaming desktop for less, but laptops get pricey to do what you want them to
Quote by yo_peh
i love you!
have cookie

Quote by RocksAwakening5
^^^ So much win, omg.
You really are better off spending the money on a PC than a laptop. Look into that instead.