How Difficult Would it be to install a floyd rose a a guitar with a string thru-body bridge design, if possible at all.

I am looking at either the Schecter Tempest Classic, Tempest Blackjack, or C-1 FR Blackjack. My only issue is that i want a floyd rose, but i don't need one. After looking it over, the only difference between the c-1 and the tempest is 24 frets vs 22 (which again, i don't need) and the c-1 has a floyd rose, but like i said before, i don't need it.

As i was saying, if i decide to the get Blackjack Tempest which has a string thru body design, would i be able to put a floyd rose on it later if i really wanted to?
Just buy a FR guitar. All the routing would be too annoying to be worthwhile.
Well, there is a local music store nearby, and i just happen to be great friends with the owner

But if i were to have on installed, i would probably take it somewhere, how much would it cost, just out of curiosity.
Quote by vigenharutyunya
well the FR costs about 200 the routing is 50.. not quit that much hard.. but it's annoying and loads of routing work... if you know what your doing otherwise guitar can come out like a dead baby from the blender

you find a place that will route for a floyd rose for $50 and ill give YOU $50! the typical cost is ~$250-300 to get it all routed. and then any refinishing if the finish was damaged. and the the floyd is $170-250. so about $300-600.

just buy a guitar that already has a floyd. when you route out a guitar it changes the sound pretty drastically. so if you really liked the sound, it might not be the same afterwords...
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Don't bother. Its worth replacing a LFR for $200 but to do a hardtail is just not worth it.
BTW, if you add up the cost for the actual FR and all the routing and the cost of the guitar itself, you may as well buy a brand new guitar with a FR. Get an NJ Series BC Rich.
Quote by vigenharutyunya
hmm igotta remember where i saw that ad... i alos heard another guy telling me that...
hmm ima do it if you want.. you give me 50 for the routing... 50 for ding it for 50 .. the guitar and the FR money k?

you might do it for $50... but are you a trained luthier? didnt think so. for something like this, ONLY take your guitar to a TRAINED (and NOT self trained) luthier.

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
well, that MIGHT work on some n00b but i actuall know the costs of everything and would never pay 1000 JUST for th FR. but i would also never pay anyone to route out a guitar because i am a very capable at woodworking and a neighbor 2 houses down has a garage full of woodworking tools. so between the two of us i think i could get it done to a professional level...FOR FREE

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
if you don't need it then don't buy one. pretty simple really 'cos you'll either love it and wish every other guitar you bought had one or you'll regret it and hate yourself for ruining a perfectly good guitar. simple answer is to get a cheap guitar that has a good trem on it aka ibanez RG5XX/7XX or even the S series or washburn x40 (discontinued but came with a schaller trem)
Get a guitar with a locking trem if you really think you might like it later, but if you don't want it now, just block it with a piece of wood and unlock the nut.