So I'm about to get an RG420EX, but I don't want to be screwed by the edge 3, so I'm attempting to buy an edge pro. Only problem is, Ibanez has the part but the site doesn't have the price, and none of the sites for the local dealers sell them individually. Any ideas?
Quote by ForeverCursed
So I'm about to get an RG420EX, but I don't want to be screwed by the edge 3, so I'm attempting to buy an edge pro. Only problem is, Ibanez has the part but the site doesn't have the price, and none of the sites for the local dealers sell them individually. Any ideas?

Ring a dealer?
Quote by Gummy Balls
Who the hell posts that they made up a chord on a guitar forum? He should of just called this thread " flame the shit out me".

~Founder of the Pokemon Appreciation Club~
it will cost like >$250. are you really wiling to spend that much?

AND *begin rant* why are you ALREADY going to replace the trem!?! you havent even gotten it yeat! at least play it for a few months and see if it needs to be changed! Edge 3s arent that bad. its just that most people who get them get mad because its their 1st FR and they cant be bothered with learning HOW to keep it working properly. if they would just take a few hours to learn about it then they might find that it works just ****ing fine! i mean, they do wear out a bit to fast but they are still good for the first year or 2! *end rant*
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by ForeverCursed

You can buy them at www.ibanezrules.com

I've done a little research on your behalf, and it does seem that an Edge Pro will retrofit the Edge III route, however I've found that an Orignal Floyd Rose will also. I recommend you price both, and if in doubt, choose the OFR.

The Edge III was designed to fall with in the parameters of the patent of the OFR, which has expired, so Ibanez can install an Edge III on their lower end guitars without paying a licensing fee. The Edge Pro falls under the parameters of the Floyd Rose Pro patent, which has not yet expired. I should imagine the OFR is closer to the Edge III than the Edge Pro is as a result.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
I have that same guitar with the reversed headstock (RGR420EX) and despite reading more than one comment to the contrary I find the Edge 3 to be more than adequate. I have NOT played on a FR, so keep that in mind when considering my comment, but I have no intention to replace the Edge 3 in my guitar. It simply performs fine, and I believe you should, as the previous poster has said, at least give it a try first - you might be pleasantly surprised.
I've played more than one RG in the past, and, don't get me wrong, the edge 3 is an awesome system, but even you admited that it can still go bad. Besides the guitar's been sitting in store for a while, and that had me worried as well. You know, retards who don't know how to use a floating unit or people who spam the crap out of the crap out of it until the bridge breaks because they don't care. I've seen it happen. It ain't pretty. Besides, I was gonna upgrade it regardless. Thank's for the advice though. And it's not like I can afford to upgrade right now anyways, so the E3 is definitly going to be put through it's paces.

On a happier note, I put the first payment on it today.
just ask for a guitar from the back. they should have at least 1 more of every guitar on display in the back room. so then you can get a new one. but you can usually get a nice discount for getting a display model, because they usually have some scratches or chips in them.

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
The only one they had in the store was the one on the floor. It's in really f**king nice shape though. A good coat of polish and the bridge humbucker needs to be lowered a bit, but other than that, it's in damn nice condition. And I got a good deal. Only 400.
you got a $600 guitar for $400? nice job dude!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
dealers will sell you the edge pro, also the ibanez store is apparently up and running again, the only problem being you would of modified the guitar and may void the warranty.