I've been really lookin into these amps lately, and it seems to be what I'm looking for...

A JCM800 clone.

I got my Triple XXX some time ago because I wanted a versatile amp with the emphasis on M3t4l. Now I grow bored of these extra channels and the overall brightness of this amp and seek a darker single or dual channel amp that get those hot rodded 80's rock/ chunky metalcore tones for a fair price. =]

Budget: $500-600 USD

A few questions I have about these amps:

Are they effective JCM clones?
Can they nail the 80's rock tones?
Would they be able to get into more modern metal/metalcore territory (with a boost.)?
What exactly do these DIP switches do?
Alternative amps?

I clearly have no experience with these amps other than Youtube videos...

I appreciate your help in advance.
Guitar:
Schecter Tempest Custom
Amp:
-currently looking
Pedalboard:
KORG pitchblack
BOSS SD-2
iSP Decimator
Ibanez DE7
check my profile for some VTM clips.
to answer your questions:
1. yes
2. yes
3. most likely, just gotta work with it a bit
4. the DIP switches control various tone changes. the 8 switches are: Gain 1, Gain 2, Compression, Low 1, Low 2, Mid, High 1, High 2. flip it on and it adds whatever it's labeled
5. Laney AOR, Sovtek MIG, Marshall JCM800
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
I wouldn't count on a 800 or 800 clone for modern metal, thats just what I think. You truly have to crank to get the gain out.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdcrocks0323
These things sound like 800s but with extra gain to boot. I wouldn't doubt some metalcore sounds if you mess with the dip switches the right way. Great amp.

Well than maybe it would work if it has some more gain.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
it does have more gain than an 800, but needs a boost to get into modern metal territory. they are very underrated amps, imo.
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
bump
Guitar:
Schecter Tempest Custom
Amp:
-currently looking
Pedalboard:
KORG pitchblack
BOSS SD-2
iSP Decimator
Ibanez DE7
Quote by spiff389
check my profile for some VTM clips.
to answer your questions:
1. yes
2. yes
3. most likely, just gotta work with it a bit
4. the DIP switches control various tone changes. the 8 switches are: Gain 1, Gain 2, Compression, Low 1, Low 2, Mid, High 1, High 2. flip it on and it adds whatever it's labeled
5. Laney AOR, Sovtek MIG, Marshall JCM800

this
Peavey VTM
Marshall 8412
Fender 4x12 loaded with t75's
Epiphone LP-100
Fender Stratocaster Highway one