So I was bargain hunting on Ebay today and came across some custom guitars made by Teddy Zane. They are incredibly good looking and claim to be professional quality guitars without the professional price tag. Just Ebay search Teddy Zane and you'll see what I mean.

Has anyone had any experience with these? Im very tempted to purchase one..the price and looks are exceptional for under say $1000. Any feedback on what features you're getting for the price is appreciated.

Thanks.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
you get what you pay for. i have tried one (they are 80's painted right?) and it sucked.

Think Xavier/SX/Stagg with paint job
Just because it's cheap and custom made doesn't make it good. Think DeVries.....
I didn't say they were good, thats why I'm asking.

Carl, the one I'm looking at is blue w/ black tiger stripes. maybe theres a difference?

Check out Raven West Guitars on eBay for the cheapest, best value, and most beautiful looking guitars.
Quote by mamosa
Check out Raven West Guitars on eBay for the cheapest, best value, and most beautiful looking guitars.

you've played them yourself? I'm looking at them now.

I haven't yet, but I've heard great things about them from everyone who has tried one. And their LFR is good too (after it's setup properly).
Quote by carl drew
you get what you pay for. i have tried one (they are 80's painted right?) and it sucked.

Think Xavier/SX/Stagg with paint job

What exactly was bad about it?

I used to own a Raven PRS copy, pretty sweet guitar for the money.
I saw these a week ago on ebay and was wondering the same question. I hated the paint jobs and for the price you were paying for one you could build your own for almost half the price. I decided im just going to build a Jem to my specs than take some hot-rodded Stagg.
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
The dude that says he got one and it sucked doesnt know what hes talking about. I just bought a red and black tiger from him and its awesome. You must not know a thing about guitars if you think a Teddy zane guitar doesnt kick man. The guitar I have has a seymour duncan sh-12 in the bridge , a super thin 3 pc neck and a double locking floyd rose. I paid 425 bucks for it. you didnt buy one dude so you shouldnt knock somethng you never tried.
I Bought On Of The Neon ones
and i use it at every show
it holds up well can take a beating
and has all the good stuff floyd rose duncans
the neck on mine is perfect
its slightly thinner than a wizard II
but once you have it set up good
it plays like great
quick
inexpensive
and worth it
Equipment
Zane7 Neon
Gibson Usa Les paul Special
charvel/jackson rainbow crackle
and 15 other guitars

Marshall mode four head
1954 magnatone prototype head
custom peavy classic head
b52 angled cab
Fender cab
hey im thinking of buying a Teddy Zane RG or a Raven West PRS copy.
what should i buy??

sorry for teh thread jack
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me