Ok, I seriously need to re-think the way I hold my pick.

I almost always play sitting down. I place the guitar on my right leg and since I'm a tall guy, it dips down so that my left arm can stretch out appropriatly to play.
Now this wouldn't be too bad if I hadn't started holding the pick with three fingers which leads to me palm muting with the top part of my palm instead of the bottom making it incredibly awkard to play standing up.

I can play with two fingers if it's only downpicking but if I need to play a pinch harmonic or alternate pick I need three because I seem to lack the strength when only using two which is highly impractical when standing.

Does anyone have a better picking posture lesson?

Thanks.
Do the following.
1. Relax your hand.
2. Hold your hand out palm down, while keeping it relaxed.
3. Keeping your hand relaxed, flip your hand over. Place your pick between your thumb and your forefinger and your middle finger.
That's how I learned to hold a pick, so hope it helps.
AAR, FOB, RHCP, WOOT!
Quote by bandman911
Do the following.
1. Relax your hand.
2. Hold your hand out palm down, while keeping it relaxed.
3. Keeping your hand relaxed, flip your hand over. Place your pick between your thumb and your forefinger and your middle finger.
That's how I learned to hold a pick, so hope it helps.

But I want to play with only two fingers so that I don't cramp up by using my middle finger anymore while standing
Use your index finger and thumb. Watch videos of people playing guitar, just keep practicing and you'll get better. Also don't anchor when you play guitar. It might help out at first, but it causes problems down the road.
Try holding it with your index and thumb, stretching out your other fingers, but just like relaxed stretching.
Like this:

Hope musicman1066 doesn't mind me using him as an example, lol.