i've been struggling to figure out what kind of speakers i want to get to replace the carvin br12s in my cab. Ive thrown around the possibility of veteran 30s, the reaper 50 watt, greenbacks/green berets, i just am worried how these will work with my amp.

My amp is a red bear mk 60. What im looking for is a speaker that will handle the bass this amp has, and not be overbearing. because of my pickup combination i literally run the bass on 0. I also want a speaker with a smooth top end because the amp is kind of harsh, and a speaker with lots of mids because right now it sounds scooped because of the carvin speakers (g12-t75 clones)

This cab will be used pretty much only in loud, live situations. The cab is also front loaded if that makes a difference. If i understand correctly most celestions can only be rear loaded.

will greenbacks flub out at high volumes? Will the reaper sound too scooped? (G12h30 clone) are the veteran 30s i good clone? I heard some a/b clips with vintage 30s, and the celestions sounded way better to me. anything else i should be looking at?
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
i've seen that a bunch of times. its completely worthless.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
If you want something that isn't overbearing, the Greenbacks are great and shouldn't flub out if you're not driving the cab too hard. If you're worried about that, get a set of higher-wattage greenback clones like the 50s you mentioned, Scumbacks or Splawn Small Blocks.

There's a lot to be said for the Vintage 30/G12H30 combo too. Is there any way you'd be able to play those both before making a decision?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
thats the thing i wont really be able to play them. I assume speaker companies have a return/exchange policy but i wont really know exactly how something sounds without breaking them in :/

My amp sounds awesome through my friends 1973 marshall cab with vintage 30s but those are broken in incredibly and the new ones won't sound like that.
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
eminence governors and wizards in x pattern
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.