I've been playing bass for a few years now - my rig has been less than "pro" - I play through a 100 watt Fender bassman (hate the sound of it - sounds kind of muddy and shapeless). I've been looking to get a head/cab rig with about a minimum of 300w of power - what's the best head/cab combination I can get that'll give me great sound for the money?
Equipment:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Fender Standard Telecaster
Fender 50th Anniversary Stratocaster
Guild D-40 Richie Havens Signature Model
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Acoustic?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
Acoustic?

Any particular model?
Equipment:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Fender Standard Telecaster
Fender 50th Anniversary Stratocaster
Guild D-40 Richie Havens Signature Model
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Acoustic, im not too familiar with them but they are of good wuality for the price.

I prefer markbass, a little on the expensive side but well worth it. The Little Mark II is my baby =]

Edit: Cab wise some older ampeg stuff, possibly markbass, anything with good quality and decent price also
Last edited by Thunderbird660 at Jun 28, 2009,
300 watts of power, an epiphani or something like, really expensive **** you know. EBS fafner drving 4 2x10's.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Hartke LH500 + Hartke VX410 or VX115 cost just shy of £500 brand new.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
You can probably get a used 400w 4x10 cab and decent head (used, maybe even new) for around $500

on actual brands, i'm gonna have to give it to ampeg, but they are pricey (if not overpriced), so again, look used. oitherwise, acoustic or gallien krueger
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Quote by skater dan0
Hartke LH500 + Hartke VX410 or VX115 cost just shy of £500 brand new.

this was exactly what I was just about to say
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
When I think bang for the buck I immediately think Carvin. If you're one of those types who thinks that you can get an idea of how a stack sounds by playing it for 10 minutes in a store, check out the Peavey Tour series.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..