I have a pretty nice Marshall Valvestate amp and a 2001 Les Paul Special which gives a nice, thick tone that I really like. The only issue is, about half of my bands song require me to go back and forth between clean and distorted tones, and I don't feel like buying one of Marshall's ****ty, over-priced foot-switches. I was thinking about picking up a Boss DS-1, but is there anything else you guys think would work better to get the tone I want? I really don't want to spend too much more than $50-60 though...
Well if you like the amps distortion you should use that. You could use a different brand footswitch depending on what type of jack the Marshall has. I use an old Peavey for my B-52 and it works fine.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb Combo
Marshall JMP-1

Amp Restoration

SG Build