hello everyone. i have grown to like the nice warmth and rich sound of hollowbody basses, but they are usually really expencive, and i am in no condition to drop over 500 american dollars for one. could anyone suggest me a good hollowbody bass for under 500, except an epiphone or hofner. i kinda had in mind a gretsch style bass like jack lawerence of the raconteurs/dead weather uses occasionally. i dont care if its short scale or long scale, but would like a gretsch style sound.
Quote by BobDetroit
It's all about the abalone. You can't play metal without it. Mother of pearl? MOTO? GTFO!
I'm pretty sure Ibanez do some cheapish semi-hollow basses. 400-500 range, I believe, which isn't quite what you're asking for.

But otherwise, I would look into going used.
Quote by maXterbat0r
I'm pretty sure Ibanez do some cheapish semi-hollow basses. 400-500 range, I believe, which isn't quite what you're asking for.

But otherwise, I would look into going used.

yeah, but a used gretsch is still over 1k. plz help me, there has to something out there for me.
Quote by BobDetroit
It's all about the abalone. You can't play metal without it. Mother of pearl? MOTO? GTFO!
It's a pretty niche market, I'm afraid. I wish I could help more, but my only experience with hollows is my dad's Epi Viola.
if you save up a bit more you can look into Italias, although i don't know if they're what you're looking for
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
guess what????? i already tried ebay, and there wasnt anything, besides the eastwood, that cought my eye. and i dont know much about eastwood. does anyone know of a good brand thats not ibanez for a hollowbody
Quote by BobDetroit
How about a jack cassady.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
i do like the longhorn, but i cant get that warmth out of it that i like. it may be my amp, an swr la 12, but it just doesnt feel like a hollowbody
Quote by BobDetroit
Quote by fatgoogle
How about a jack cassady.

I like the way these sound and look.

I'd add that the Artcore is great.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
what about the allen woody rumblecat???? that any good, the cascady seems perfect, but out of my price range.
Quote by BobDetroit
never played one.

I'd throw out that many Epiphones have problems.

why not an Ibanez Artcore?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

i have tried a lot of ibanezes, both high and low end, and the cheaper ones are, well, cheap. i dont wanna drop money for a cheap feeling bass.
Quote by BobDetroit
Quote by primusclaypool1
i have tried a lot of ibanezes, both high and low end, and the cheaper ones are, well, cheap. i dont wanna drop money for a cheap feeling bass.

cheap?

the necks don't feel like other Ibanez necks.

I'd try prior to bashing if I were you.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

your right, im going off my knowing of their solidbody basses. i will try one soon, if i can find one. but does any1 know about the allen woody?????
Quote by BobDetroit
theres some info here
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Last edited by TheTortured at Jun 28, 2009,
Quote by TheTortured
theres some info here

how do u do that??????
Quote by BobDetroit