Poll: Which guitar should I buy?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitar should I buy?
Epiphone Les Paul
8 40%
B.C. Rich Metal Master Warlock
2 10%
Dean V
3 15%
Other (please list in comments)
7 35%
Voters: 20.
Ok, so I am thinking about buying another guitar (I have a Squier Strat, so that's not an option), and I've narrowed it down to these choices. However, because I haven't played any of these guitars before, I would like some help from people who have had experience with these guitars. If it helps, I play classic rock and metal (Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, etc). Also, if you suggest a guitar, my price limit is a maximum of $300, so if you can help it, don't suggest one above that price limit, please. Thanks for the help!
The first one.

Oh wait...

EDIT: oh the poll didn't show up the first time my b
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Last edited by USAPeavey at Jun 27, 2009,
Where are these choices you've narrowed it down to

EDIT: Ah I see
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
An inexpensive Ibanez RG are very popular and are excellent quality
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
Don't get a BC Rich under $6-700. And I personally don't like cheap Deans but have played a few that were good quality. It's kind of a hit/miss.

I'd say go used.
Quote by Goldenhawk11
Yeah, but I'm worried about getting a bad used guitar...

There isn't really much to worry about most used stuff is in good condition.
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
On CL you can try it yourself. On eBay, I've bought three guitars. Two were absolute gems, and the third, the seller hid something in tiny font which tricked me.

My rules are: only buy from powersellers, read the listing over and over and over to make sure, and ask the sellers questions. And the last and most important: don't buy if you aren't 100% sure.
Still, I don't trust Ebay as much (shipping damage, sellers screwing you over), so I'm probably gonna go to Guitar Center and try some used ones out for myself. Thanks, though.
PayPal is for buyers. If the seller screws you, you'll get your money back (if he didn't say it in the listing).
i've bought more stuff off of ebay than i ever should have and never been screwed over. actually i've gotten great deals so far! if you want a trem i'd suggest an old RG (RG570 probably, maybe a RG550 but they can be expensive) or an RG350. they have an edge 3 but if you know what you're doing with a trem and get it set up it shouldn't be a problem.

if you want a hardtail, i'd say look into the PRS SE models. they're really nice, and there are a few with trems but it's easy to find them without