Im only using a 6-string right now, i have a 7 but i dont really use it (i like it but it's a 26.5" and i think it makes the strings to tense for me so id want a 25.5", also im really more accustomed to a 6 right now). In the future, with a good 7 i could see myself using it over a 6.

My question is, of these 7's (some aren't out yet so...) which of these do you think would be the best overall in action (i like it low), accessability (how easy it is to reach all the frets, the schecter i have makes the 22+ frets hard to reach, and i use them all), comfort to play. dont comment on the pickups because i'll probably swap them out.

Ibanez Xiphos XTP707
ESP Horizon NT-7
ESP SC-607 LTD (the old 25.5" one)
or some other guitar

thanks in advance
look at Carvin's 7 string models. first of all, they are very customizable, but not extremely expensive. and Carvin guitars play great, and they're fret access is pretty good.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by Ippon
I want the Horizon just because ... still, you'd need to audition the other available (and relatively inexpensive LTD) models, along with the Ibanez RG and S 7s so you can definitively make an informed choice.

i have played ibanez rg's and s's, but i dont like trems (sorry, i change tunings way to much and don't have the cash to buy 2 to keep them in seperate tunings)
look into a used RG7620 if you want a trem or a RG7621/RG7421 if you want a hardtail. great 7 string guitars....
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by SomebodySomeone
look into a used RG7620 if you want a trem or a RG7621/RG7421 if you want a hardtail. great 7 string guitars....

+1 i have an RG7620 and it's an amazing guitar. The 7621 is exactly the same except with a fixed bridge.

Keep in mind that ESP/LTD 7 strings tend to have thicker necks, somewhat similar to Schecter. I personally don't like this for 7 strings because the thick and beefy neck makes the width even more uncomfortable.

Imo, Ibanez's 7 string necks are the most comfortable. They aren't as thin as their 6 string necks but they're still flat, thin, and fast.
the only thing about the 762_'s is that i hate the asthetics of the bridge. i dont like it at all. id rather not have to replace the bridge...
Quote by SPBY
the only thing about the 762_'s is that i hate the asthetics of the bridge. i dont like it at all. id rather not have to replace the bridge...
Wow! That's actually the first time I heard something like that - aesthetics over reputation of a bridge! I can understand not liking the neck profile or body shape or headstock, but a bridge's looks ... o_0

Anyway, FWIW, some would consider the LoPro the best floating trem in the planet.

Quote by Ippon
Wow! That's actually the first time I heard something like that - aesthetics over reputation of a bridge! I can understand not liking the neck profile or body shape or headstock, but a bridge's looks ... o_0

Anyway, FWIW, some would consider the LoPro the best floating trem in the planet.

THIS.

i've never heard anyone disliking the guitar over the bridge.

also, i think it's the Original Edge that people hail as the best trem not the LoPro
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by SomebodySomeone
THIS.

i've never heard anyone disliking the guitar over the bridge.

also, i think it's the Original Edge that people hail as the best trem not the LoPro

Both, actually.

People tend to split between the OFR, Schaller's LFR, the Original Edge, and the LoPro.
Quote by Pac_man0123
Both, actually.

People tend to split between the OFR, Schaller's LFR, the Original Edge, and the LoPro.

i prefer the Edge and LoPro over the Schaller OFR. can't say i've had the pleasure of using a Gotoh FR though....

hey remember when i told u southcenter GC has RG7620, RG7621, and a RG3120 for the good price in teh used section about a month ago? well they are still there. i can't believe people choose to buy new RG350's over them

well its better for me cuz that gives me time to save up to buy them all
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock