Poll: Thoughts on soda?
Poll Options
View poll results: Thoughts on soda?
I love soda!
172 32%
I love soda and I drink a lot of energy drinks!
63 12%
I don't like soda.
52 10%
I'm indifferent. Soda is all right but I don't chug it every day :/
243 46%
Voters: 530.
Page 1 of 6
How many of you go through about 3 to 4 cans of Monster a day?
I've been noticing this energy drink trend for a while, and it's kind of annoying.

Some people really don't realize how much harm they can cause.
And really... do they seriously taste that good? So much nasty, bitter taurine, ginseng, and nasty tasting addatives in it. Why not buy Mountain Dew instead? It has better flavor, and you won't have a stroke while drinking 10 cans a day.

It's not just energy drinks I dislike, it's soda in general.
The carbonated fizz is really uncomfortable. It burns my throat, and when I burp, it tends to burn my nasal cavity as well. The taste isn't so wonderful either. There's a lot of high fructose corn syrup, which leaves a nasty loogie in the back of your throat that tastes like soda. Is it REALLY quenching to have that on a hot Summer day? The taste makes me feel like I'm drinking garbage water. all of those chemicals mixed together doesn't ease my mind.

To be honest, I'm wondering how many people feel similar. I'm sure it's not that many, and I'm sure that most of you would disagree, because so many people grew up on soda. I know I did, but now I hate it.

If you ask me what I like to drink, I'll tell you it's water. Bland as it may be, I love it. It makes me feel healthier, which I do care about. Feeling healthy is a great feeling. Better than being fat, greasy skinned, and growing bitties (man tits).

What do you all think?

By the way, if anything, my favorite soda at the movies or fast-food place is root beer, preferably Barq's
Marijuana is the spice of life.

I Force Choke my penis when I masturbate.

8)-~
Enough to write an essay about it, I suppose.

8)-~
I've switched to drinking tea and can't go back <3 Chai.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Zevia. hippy soda. is good.

Quote by XxGloriousxX
i was flirting with this chick; tickling her and stuff. and she started tickling me, but i had taco bell the night before. so when she poked my side i let out this MONSTER of a fart and im sure it smell bad too.

I don't really drink energy drinks, I hate the taste.

I love mountain dew though, but I'm British, so it's really hard to find at a reasonable price.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
i'm a Diet Coke addict, and i know it's carcinogenic and bitter and heavy on the stomach, but gosh darnit i love it
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
I get angry when I see all the preps drinking Monster and thinking that makes them important.

-_-

EDIT

I'll drink 300 bottles of Cherry Coke though..
Quote by N_J_B_B

My first lolstack!
Quote by LuckyBoys91
Cool hatred of energy drinks bro

this.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
Quote by Sonny_sam
I don't really drink energy drinks, I hate the taste.

I love mountain dew though, but I'm British, so it's really hard to find at a reasonable price.

That's interesting. I take it Mountain Dew is rather expensive over there.

8)-~
Here's a good fact I just read, high fructose corn syrup, which is the ingedient in almost everything sweet, including soda, has mercury in it, which is one of the most dangereous elements there is, they don't even allow it to be thermometers anymore.
+1 to everything man. I hate the way it makes my teeth feel too, I find they get real rough or gritty feeling in my mouth. Not a fan of the soda. Big fan of beer tho!

edit: I only drink pop when its mixed with someting....rum,brandy etc.

Cheers!

Go Leafs Go!!

Next season anyway
Last edited by Inferno11 at Jun 27, 2009,
Quote by skaterskagg1
I drink about 3 Mt. Dews a day. I'm addicted.

Mountain Dew kills sperm
Quote by N_J_B_B

My first lolstack!
Suck it up.

Soda kicks ass and if it "burns your throat" I would love to watch you down a shot of vodka.

I drink soda everyday.

It's good for you.

EDIT
Quote by Atlantis2112
Mountain Dew kills sperm

That's a myth.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
I like soda.
But I drink responsibly.

Quote by Atlantis2112
Mountain Dew kills sperm

That's not a bad thing. I don't want kids.
Quote by Moggan13
Personally, i'd buy her a can of Coke, then as she's drinking it say to her "Whats better than Coca Cola?" She'll go "What?" and you shout "CREAM SODA!" And ejaculate in her can.
Last edited by funyguy1357: 147 times : 3-01-08 at 08:17 PM.
i used to drink them a lot, they dont do much, so i stopped drinking them.
see how i made that short and simple? you can do it too watch.
energy drinks are bad, they taste like shit. soda sucks too, but its better then energy drinks., amirite? InB4 what do you like, its water
Quote by therealtater
that is the first time I have ever actually loled because of the pit you win either a cookie or an internet your choice

Quote by Zero-Hartman
I regularly walk into the living room naked when my parents are watching Greys Anatomy.
In all seriousness,
Quote by grimms
Beer anyone?

Beer>Soda>Energy drinks>water

EDIT
Quote by captainoid
Dr. Pepper FTW.

^This man is wise.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Water is garbage, god intended it only for the animals and beast that roam this world, humans and sential beings were blessed with soda, and let it be written.
Quote by donvito32
who the hell calls it soda pop anymore?

I don't, I call it Dr. Pepper

It's literally, all I drink

Sorry for the size.... photobucket's a little ****ed up for me right now...
Last edited by MercyfulFate505 at Jun 27, 2009,
Quote by TommEnright
Here's a good fact I just read, high fructose corn syrup, which is the ingedient in almost everything sweet, including soda, has mercury in it, which is one of the most dangereous elements there is, they don't even allow it to be thermometers anymore.

It also doesn't taste as good. Pepsi Throwback RIP.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by grimms
Beer anyone?

It's all right for parties, and if I'm relaxing with a jay or a bowl of some nice bud.
Beer pong cannot be played without beer

OTher than that, I tend not to drink it at all unless I'm relaxing with a jay.

8)-~
I can't stand energy drinks, they taste like piss to me.

The only sodas I like are Sunkist and Welch's grape, or any other kind of orange or grape soda. Coca cola, pepsi, all that just tastes nasty to me.
I usually drink juice or water. They taste much much better and are a lot healthier.
FFS i hate all these people who go on with these "energy drinks are bad for you" lectures..... if u dont like em fine by me...

i drink 1 a day.....its not a sin......
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
oh and i almost forgot...

orangina

Quote by XxGloriousxX
i was flirting with this chick; tickling her and stuff. and she started tickling me, but i had taco bell the night before. so when she poked my side i let out this MONSTER of a fart and im sure it smell bad too.

yeh man, ur so right. u are thinking exactly wat im thinking. Even the root beer part. i only like root beer and Pibb™. Mosnters are gay. And redbulls.. arent that bad. I love water too
I like pop, and hate energy drinks. =\

And I like clear pop, since if it goes flat, it doesn't quite taste like ass. However, root beer is the bees ****in' knees.

Either way, I'm trying to phase out sugary drinks from my diet to a reasonable amount. Not having a terribly easy time of it, since there's always stuff in the house, but I'll get there.
Quote by fretsofthebeast
FFS i hate all these people who go on with these "energy drinks are bad for you" lectures..... if u dont like em fine by me...

i drink 1 a day.....its not a sin......

I don't care if they're bad for you, that's just another point to my arguement.

I just can't stand to see loads of people completely shaken and jittery, telling me ALL of the time how much they love Monster. It's quite crack addict-esque in my opinion.

8)-~
Quote by Bubban
I've switched to drinking tea and can't go back <3 Chai.

Dude I found about about chai tea and im addicted to it now. Its amazing
Quote by Raven*
That's interesting. I take it Mountain Dew is rather expensive over there.

Yeah, there are very few places that stock it (i.e. 1 in my town, a market stall that sells them for £1.20 ($2) a can) but I've found a Chinese supermarket in a city not too far from me that sells it for £0.65 ($1). It's still more expensive than pepsi or coke
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by Raven*
I don't care if they're bad for you, that's just another point to my arguement.

I just can't stand to see loads of people completely shaken and jittery, telling me ALL of the time how much they love Monster. It's quite crack addict-esque in my opinion.

yeah i know what u mean...those people need to lay off...but if u have like 1 once every few days or once a week wont do any harm
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
I don't like most energy drinks like Relentless, Rockstar, whatever. But, I love the taste of Monster.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by Sonny_sam
Yeah, there are very few places that stock it (i.e. 1 in my town, a market stall that sells them for £1.20 ($2) a can) but I've found a Chinese supermarket in a city not too far from me that sells it for £0.65 ($1). It's still more expensive than pepsi or coke

2 USD for a can? That's rather outrageous. It's about 1.75 in a lot of vending machines. That's why, if I ever buy soda (I will buy a drink from the machine at Walmart from time to time, sure) I buy generic soda.
It cost 25-50 cents for a can of Sams Club soda from the machine.

8)-~