I'm about to buy a few things for my rig and am wanting to know how I'd route everything, here's the list of what I have and/or what I'm getting in the next few days:

Peavey 5150 combo
noise gate pedal
Ibanez TS9 OD pedal
rack tuner
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482 (rack)

Would I run it like this?

5150 FX Send--->BBE--->rack tuner--->Return
5150 Input--->noise gate pedal---->TS9---->Guitar
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Can someone help me out here?

I'd put the noise gate in the effects loop, that's where my NS-2 works best for me.

Otherwise, looks really good!
Quote by GNRjungle87
I'd put the noise gate in the effects loop, that's where my NS-2 works best for me.

Otherwise, looks really good!

Good deal . Now I'd assume I'd still put the tuner in the FX loop regardless of whether I get a pedal or rack version correct?

Also, I little bit off-topic here, but how am I going to be able to route all my pedals with power without going through 9V batteries like crazy?

Sorry, I'm used to the simple world of amp--->guitar

Especially since the TS-9 and noise gate pedal will be in different places (in front of the amp/FX loop). I'm considering getting a pedal tuner now instead of a rack tuner so I wont need a small rack case for the BBE and rack tuner.

Quote by Metalcoresoul
Especially since the TS-9 and noise gate pedal will be in different places (in front of the amp/FX loop). I'm considering getting a pedal tuner now instead of a rack tuner so I wont need a small rack case for the BBE and rack tuner.

Yeah, the Korg Pitchblack is only about $90, true bypass, and works GREAT. I've got the Boss TU-2, that works too, but the Korg is better.

Put the tuner in front of EVERYTHING so it goes:

Guitar>Tuner>Pedals>Amp

Then the noise gate and BBE in the effects loop.
Thanks again . Now one last question

Would I want to route the FX loop like this?

FX Send--->BBE--->noise gate---->FX Return

or vice-versa?

I'm trying to get rid of all the hissing I get on the Lead Channel on the 5150 if that helps.

Quote by Metalcoresoul
Thanks again . Now one last question

Would I want to route the FX loop like this?

FX Send--->BBE--->noise gate---->FX Return

or vice-versa?

I'm trying to get rid of all the hissing I get on the Lead Channel on the 5150 if that helps.

Yeah, that's how I'd run it I think!

When is this rig going to be complete?
Thanks a lot man .

Well, I bought the 5150 yesterday, I bought the TS9 tonight, and I'm buying a Rocktron HUSH IIC noise gate and Johnson Chromatic tuner pedal on Monday (possibly tomorrow since the Rocktron is local). The only original thing right now is the BBE 482 haha, I've had it for about 6 months and it sounds great with the 5150.

Quote by Metalcoresoul
Thanks a lot man .

Well, I bought the 5150 yesterday, I bought the TS9 tonight, and I'm buying a Rocktron HUSH IIC noise gate and Johnson Chromatic tuner pedal on Monday (possibly tomorrow since the Rocktron is local). The only original thing right now is the BBE 482 haha, I've had it for about 6 months and it sounds great with the 5150.

Nice!

I recommend looking into the Boss NS-2 or ISP Decimator for the noise gate, I've heard some not-so-good things about the Hush.