Page 1 of 4
There have been bands around for 20 years, 30 years, even the glorious 50 year mark. But the average band lasts mabey ten years at the most, then fold. What band is the next band to last for about 20 - 40 years.

My vote BTBAM
Jackson 5... ohh wait

Srsly, Coldplay. *flameshield*
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Dream Theater probably, they've been around since '89 already

Edit: But I would love for BTBAM to last that long, with all the progressing they have been doing
Quote by funny_page
Michael jackson

Icwutudidthar, and am very disappointed.

I'm not really sure, none that strike me at the moment.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
every metalcore band will be dead in 3 years. its all just a phase teenagers are going through because they think they are awesome

but i cant think of any bands lasting that long at the moment
Originally Posted by neopowell
I'm perfectly capable of rating my own poo, I don't need a website to help me. I've devised strict criteria based on texture, smell, ease of passing and numerous other factors. It's even colour-coded.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Mean Mr Mustard
Dream Theater probably, they've been around since '89 already

Edit: But I would love for BTBAM to last that long, with all the progressing they have been doing
First thing I thought of, but he might've meant bands that started up in the last decade, roughly. Although they have reached the 20 year mark, already.

I personally have a feeling Mastodon are gonna stay together a good while longer, too. Completely unfounded, though.
Jonas Brothers
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Jack Johnson, Coheed and Cambria, RHCP hopefully for another 10-20 years. possibly the mars volta.
My Gear:
Fender Custom Shop Time Machine 1956 relic
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
and yes, my avatar is weezy, what?
Pearl Jam is already close to 20.

Weezer probably will last until 20 (only 3 more years).

Some others that might:

Green Day (already been around over 20. I can see them getting to 30)

Mastodon

Flogging Molly

thats all I can think of off the top of my head (I was only thinking of bands I like).
Quote by sglover34479
TOOL hopefully.

Tool's been around for 20 years already . Too bad they only have four albums and an ep
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I feel like I should pay you in sexual favors for that truly fapic story.

Quote by esther_mouse
Aww thank you sweetie Made my day a little bit brighter.

^that post and others like it made mine a Lot brighter.
Radiohead will probably around for a very long time, and they are pretty close to hitting 20 anyway.

Sound Tribe Sector 9 perhaps? I know that their following is bordering on the fanatical.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
conor oberst, although he's not a band per say. he said in the 'mystic river valley band' documentary that if its up to him, he'll be putting out music until the day he dies.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Last edited by NoLaurelTree000 at Jun 27, 2009,
Rancid, Radiohead and Flogging Molly. (Hopefully)
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by RHCP987123
Coheed and Cambria

You don't know how badly I REALLY want to believe they'll be around for at least another decade, but I'm just a bit skeptical. I mean, Claudio is a great writer, but the Willing Well might run dry.
Quote by metalmouth22
every metalcore band will be dead in 3 years. its all just a phase teenagers are going through because they think they are awesome

but i cant think of any bands lasting that long at the moment

+1 That's about how long it took for me to completely grow out of metalcore. I never listen to it at all anymore.
The Flaming Lips will more than likely go until they're too old to play music. There will never be any tension in that band.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
AFI, methinks. I used to be really into them, not so much now, but they've been together for a pretty long time already, and I can see them going on.
I hope The Killers, a lot of people see a pop band, but they are actually really good music.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
I see Muse lasting quite awhile, they've been around for about 10 years since their first album and seem to be going strong.
Questions of science
Science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart
Quote by ccam555
Rush will still last another 15.

lies! they will last forever!

i wish

hopefully Symphony X will last for a while. they're 15 years old at the moment.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Last edited by Waterboy799 at Jun 27, 2009,
I vote Wolfmother, for good reason.

The band IS Andrew Stockdale now. He can keep going for as long as he wants, and, if he needs new members, well, he'll just get new members.

Also, White Stripes, can't be that hard to hold that band together, seeing what they've been through.

AAND MGMT, for the fact that they are MGMT.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Jun 27, 2009,
I'd like to see Blink 182 continue their legacy for many more years, love them!
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Pearl Jam, The Mars Volta, Mastodon, Wolfmother, The White Stripes, Allman Brothers, Tool.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
I can see Paul Gilbert going Clapton and playing until he's dead.

Radiohead will hopefully last a while still.
Page 1 of 4