Squire fretless Jazz VM

So this morning I drove down to the local music emporium and purchased my first Fretless bass, as a summer gift to myself. I snagged this beauty for 300 CDN (90$ less than it original price, there was a sale) and i must say, wow! I knew VM's were great for there price, but this thing sounds and feels better than my MIM. In case anyone is thinking about buying this thing, I highly recommend it in case you don't feel like shelling out more for a higher end fretless.

Anyways, I hope some of you can give me some advice on the proper care and maintenance of it, and maybe some recommendation on some nice strings. And no, I don't have any pics of it yet
You stole my Overture
Hows the fretboard on it, I know its some kind of resin or plastic, but I'm thinking about getting one as my next bass.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Quote by solid_moose
Hows the fretboard on it, I know its some kind of resin or plastic, but I'm thinking about getting one as my next bass.

It's really easy to move around on it. Just gotta watch your fingering, 'cause I personally end up messing up the intonation without the frets as a guide.
You stole my Overture
Nice! Congrats on the purchase and the deal. It looks like a great guitar.
Quote by DempseyPunk
I thought i saw jesus doing the same thing. He wasnt disguised as a hobo though, he just looked like jesus. He asked me for about tree fiddy. Then it hit me. It wasnt no jesus, it was that god dam loch ness monster.
Played one of these the other day. I was also really impressed with it, was tempted to buy it there and then.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
It's such a nice bass isn't it? I got mine for christmas this last year and I love it so much! I forgot to do a NBD though. Hmmm. Oh well. It's a great bass and will certainly serve you well.

HNBD!
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.