I'm working in a project using a Kramer body (unknown model). Anyway, the problem is that the aftermarket neck plate holes don't match the holes on the body. The aftermarket neck plate holes are 1 1/2 inches across and 2 inches down while the holes on the body are 1 1/4 inches across and 2 inches down.

Are there blank neck plates without holes available? If yes, where?

-or-

Should I drill new holes on the body? What is the best way to cover the old ones? Thanks!
warmoth maybe? allparts.com maybe? idk.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
you could probably ebay a cheap plate for a kramer pretty cheap. it would be better to pay too much for that and shipping than to drill new holes in the neck i think!
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
you could probably ebay a cheap plate for a kramer pretty cheap. it would be better to pay too much for that and shipping than to drill new holes in the neck i think!

Yeah, the drilling is kind of risky. I checked the Kramer plates on Ebay and they're not that cheap. Somebody recommended me to use washers like Ibanez does. I think washers are a great idea.
unfortunately you will be having trouble to look for the right neck plate i think. like i just searched on ebay and their weren't alot of kramer neck plates for sale so you may have better luck on a kramer based forum to see if anyone has a spare one for sale.
the washers are a good idea, i think it would look pretty badass actually. and completely custom! haha
Quote by wpl
I'm working in a project using a Kramer body (unknown model). Anyway, the problem is that the aftermarket neck plate holes don't match the holes on the body. The aftermarket neck plate holes are 1 1/2 inches across and 2 inches down while the holes on the body are 1 1/4 inches across and 2 inches down.

Are there blank neck plates without holes available? If yes, where?

-or-

Should I drill new holes on the body? What is the best way to cover the old ones? Thanks!

I am a member at the Kramer forum. I may have a plate for you. Sounds like you may have a Focus body and trying to put a standard plate on. Like...the American model Kramer neck plates are a little wider than the Focus series. Got a pic of the body, I may be able to tell you what model it is.

You could dowel the existing holes in the body and maybe have to dowel the neck as well if that neck matches the body. If I were you I would not go that route and wait and find a correct plate.
Last edited by halo71 at Jun 28, 2009,
Quote by halo71
I am a member at the Kramer forum. I may have a plate for you. Sounds like you may have a Focus body and trying to put a standard plate on. Like...the American model Kramer neck plates are a little wider than the Focus series. Got a pic of the body, I may be able to tell you what model it is.

You could dowel the existing holes in the body and maybe have to dowel the neck as well if that neck matches the body. If I were you I would not go that route and wait and find a correct plate.

Here. Can you identify this Kramer body? Maybe you have the plate.

Not real familiar with the Gibson remakes as this one is. But I would say that is a Striker FR422