Hi EG

im looking to trade my epi (and $200) for a better guitar and im looking at LTD's and Schecter's now.
mainly the C-1 Classics and the MH/EC series.

i want to know what you guys think about those two??
i have heard that Schecters a too overrated on not worth it and the LTD's for having a bad neck....

so what should i go for??
im also accepting suggestions for a specific model of the EC/MH
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I own a Classic. I can't see how it could be overrated. Great guitar for the price, lots of versatility and it really does everything well. I'd go with the schecter.
Cyanide Drip

Quote by Myfirstpubes
you're saying that everytime someone in the Pit fapped, they produced magic? Wow, we'd be in fucking Narnia by now by the Pit's rate of masturbation.

Quote by larrytheguitar
I jizzed while he gave me a lecture on using coasters.
Quote by Don't Panic Ok?
Play 'em! See what you like!

i liked the C-1 + but i haven't tried the Classic i only tried the MH-1000, very good guitars but im not really an actives fan but i really do need something to push my amp so i might live with it.

and im looking used here

thx for the suggestions so far
feel free to add me
It depends on preference.
I myself love schecters on paper. I love the looks, and the specs are amazing for the price, especially on the classic. I don't like the neck though. I much prefer ltd/esp necks. They are both great quality guitars for the price, they both have great specs for what you are paying so it comes down to playability. And to decide that, you have to go play the guitars for yourself.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
the classic is really versatile and I was surprised by how well it played and how great it sounded. II ran one through a JCM 800 and It shined amzingly. I got many tones out of this guitar from a nice jazz/blues tone to a kick-ass 80's rock tone to a really heavy metal tone (eq'ing the amp accordingly as well)
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
the classic is really versatile and I was surprised by how well it played and how great it sounded. II ran one through a JCM 800 and It shined amzingly. I got many tones out of this guitar from a nice jazz/blues tone to a kick-ass 80's rock tone to a really heavy metal tone (eq'ing the amp accordingly as well)

Wow. Surprising
If you run it through a great amp, of course it will be amazing.
Quote by mamosa
Wow. Surprising
If you run it through a great amp, of course it will be amazing.

you have to hate on EVERYTHING i say, dont you. I was giviing him my opinion on the guitar from the time i played it and i just so happened to play it through that amp. problem? i think not.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
you have to hate on EVERYTHING i say, dont you. I was giviing him my opinion on the guitar from the time i played it and i just so happened to play it through that amp. problem? i think not.

When was the last time I hated on what you said? And I wasn't "hating" it's just that if you run a guitar through a great amp, it'll sound good.

As UG EG loves to say again and again, ****ty guitar-->great amp=good tone. Great guitar-->****ty amp=bad tone. So that isn't conclusive at all.
Quote by mamosa
When was the last time I hated on what you said? And I wasn't "hating" it's just that if you run a guitar through a great amp, it'll sound good.

As UG EG loves to say again and again, ****ty guitar-->great amp=good tone. Great guitar-->****ty amp=bad tone. So that isn't conclusive at all.

i'll have to look back in my post archives for that one. but we have gotten into heated arguements about stuff in, like, 5 oher threads...

Edit: and maybe TS would like a semi-review from someone who used it through a good amp because he'll be using one through a good amp too.
Quote by pedromiles101
Last edited by randomhero93 at Jun 27, 2009,
Take what mamosa says with a grain of salt. He hates everything schecter as his posts in schecter related threads tend to reflect
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
But it has been a long time, right? And you have to admit, your post added nothing here. If you play almost any guitar through a JCM 800, it'll sound good.
Quote by Metlhead443
Take what mamosa says with a grain of salt. He hates everything schecter as his posts in schecter related threads tend to reflect

this = truth.
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by Metlhead443

That's partly true. I hate their necks, but others like them, but I like their tone. I just find, as many others have, that Schecters are overrated on UG and their build quality is a bit spotty. If you like their necks and have played the one you buy, by all means go for it. But don't buy one blind and make sure you like the neck.
Quote by mamosa
That's partly true. I hate their necks, but others like them, but I like their tone. I just find, as many others have, that Schecters are overrated on UG and their build quality is a bit spotty. If you like their necks and have played the one you buy, by all means go for it. But don't buy one blind and make sure you like the neck.

Schecters build quality is very good. My Solo 6 feels indestructible.. It doesnt feel like it can be damaged. I dropped it once (fail), but there wasnt a ding, and it stayed perfectly in tune.

The necks are pretty good IMO, it feels a lot better than an Ibanez neck. My hands are bigger though, but it feels just as fast.
"Music is felt through our soul, not heard with our ears" - Sully Erna

Current Gear:
Ibanez SR755 5-string bass
Acoustic B10 amplifier
Line 6 POD UX1
Quote by LoweRider
Schecters build quality is very good. My Solo 6 feels indestructible.. It doesnt feel like it can be damaged. I dropped it once (fail), but there wasnt a ding, and it stayed perfectly in tune.

The necks are pretty good IMO, it feels a lot better than an Ibanez neck. My hands are bigger though, but it feels just as fast.

Some people view Ibanez necks as too thin, some view Schecter as too thick. It's all preference. I just don't like Schecter necks. Not only because of the thickness, mind you, it's mainly because of the sticky, plasticky, glossy feeling I get when I play it.

And I've seen numerous Schecters (the lower end models) with dried glue all around the set neck. And the Schecters I have played haven't felt too good to me. Again, it's all preference, but all I'm saying is that people overrate them. I don't like them, TS may. His choice.
Quote by mamosa
Again, it's all preference

+1
"Music is felt through our soul, not heard with our ears" - Sully Erna

Current Gear:
Ibanez SR755 5-string bass
Acoustic B10 amplifier
Line 6 POD UX1
i dont have a good amp right now but im saving up for a Peavey 6505 and a Baron KT88 (custom Amp)
feel free to add me
I feel that the build quality is very good on both brands. The biggest difference is the neck. ESP/LTD have a pretty think neck while schecter necks are quite thick. I would think that would be the deciding factor.
Guitars
Amps
Quote by Matt15f
I feel that the build quality is very good on both brands. The biggest difference is the neck. ESP/LTD have a pretty think neck while schecter necks are quite thick. I would think that would be the deciding factor.

Couldn't agree more with this guy! It definitely comes to do your own preference. Both are very respectable guitar brands. I play on a C-1 Hellraiser FR and I love it. If I wanted to get a fixed bridge right now, I would definitely be getting the Classic. I love that thing, I've played on it on many occasions.

My guitar teacher uses ESPs exclusively and he owns an Alexi Signature (Black and White w/ SD Blackouts - last years model), and an MH-1000 and he loves them both. I've played on both of his guitars a few times and both were of very high quality. I couldn't really come up with anything to critique, other than the pickups, but that is just my own preference, EMGs are great.

Again though, it really comes down to which size neck you prefer. If you like your epi neck, then you would probably like Schecter. Personally, I'm not that picky and I respect both companies immensely. I've had my eye on a ESP V-401DX as of recently and it is pretty killer. The neck and balance are amazing.

One disclaimer for both companies, however, because most of their guitars have painted necks, it is important to clean the necks with a rag/shirt after each use. If you don't, grime will build up from your sweat, finger prints, oils on your hands, etc. and really make it unenjoyable to play on and actually hinder your playing because the neck can become quite sticky. If you just give it a quick wipe down (no chemicals are needed), you shouldn't have any problem at all.

Hope this helps! My vote is the classic, by the way. I'd highly recommend trying each one out though first as these are all great guitars, but its quite possible that one will make you crap your pants over the others