i just broke from a 3 month writers block of writing thank god. anyone here have the same trouble and how long did it last?

DirtyEdit: About 4 minutes.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Last edited by DirtyMakik at Jun 27, 2009,
A week tops. I don't keep track but i always have ideas floating around.
You may have a 10 x 10 stack of marshalls and i may only have one, but mine goes to 11.... Beat that
About 16 years.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
About five months for me.

I've just started another one as well it seems. Whenever I have sat down to write in the past few days I've come up empty. Hopefully it won't last long.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
2 months...its driving me crazy I can't seem to do anything to get past it
EDIT: lol at title- writers bock
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Last edited by chaos13 at Jun 27, 2009,
Well I picked up the guitar about 2 and a half years ago, so I'd say about 2 and a half years.
lol i sorta misread that into "whats the largest writer's c*ck uve had" i was like wtf.... i almost lost faith in all humanity lol
[IMO]Writers block doesn't exist, sometimes you just aren't inspired enough and therefore the writing juices aren't flowing.[/IMO]
LOVE ANTHONY GREEN?
Quote by sneyob
I am slightly disappointed =w=eeze took me out of his sig.

But that's okay.

^Consolation Sig
Quote by =w=eeze
[IMO]Writers block doesn't exist, sometimes you just aren't inspired enough and therefore the writing juices aren't flowing.[/IMO]

...that's called a writer's block.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by aig91
18 years

Do I win?

No, because I beat you to it.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Never. I'm so creative I just keep writing new and better things....

<.<

>.>

<.>

Ow, my eyes shouldn't go that way.
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
My writers block is maximum.

But really, about 2 months is the most for me.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by =w=eeze

Pro tip: Writing doesn't actually require "inspiration."

For anyone in this thread who's complaining of prose writer's block, try freewriting. Just sit down for at least ten minutes and constantly write. Something. Anything. Don't stop to edit, don't stop to fix typos, nothing. Run out of things to say? Write "I really need to go to the store for sodas. Nothing to say Nothing to say Nothing to say I don't know what to write!!!!! ragjgjjgjghghghgh this is annoying i hate not being able to write..." It doesn't matter what the words are, just write something.

This also helps pent-up emotions.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by aig91
I've still got two more years of it than you.

That was a low blow.
Quote by MakinLattes
I never really have had a significant writers block, I just don't record often because I'm to lazy to get all of my recording equipment out.
I had writer's block for 2 weeks while working on some lyrics, that's the longest for me
Quote by SteveHouse

For anyone in this thread who's complaining of prose writer's block, try freewriting. Just sit down for at least ten minutes and constantly write. Something. Anything. Don't stop to edit, don't stop to fix typos, nothing. Run out of things to say? Write "I really need to go to the store for sodas. Nothing to say Nothing to say Nothing to say I don't know what to write!!!!! ragjgjjgjghghghgh this is annoying i hate not being able to write..." It doesn't matter what the words are, just write something.

I've tried freewriting and it doesn't work for me. My girlfriend uses it with some success but every time I try it just has no effect apart from a page of nonsense and wankers cramp from writing so much.

Then again, I don't write much prose. Just the occasional short story if I'm really bored or have a flash of inspiration. Poetry and songs are more my thing.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by IDread
I've tried freewriting and it doesn't work for me....

Weird. That stuff works for most people. Your writing muscles confuse me.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
Weird. That stuff works for most people. Your writing muscles confuse me.

I do hold my pen in a very strange way. It has the upside of making my handwriting legeble but the disadvantage of causing severe cramps in my hand if I write for to long without a break. If I hold it the "normal" way (between thumb and first finger) I can't read anything I write.

I've never been tested for it but I have a strong suspicion I'm dyslexic.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
I usually find it pretty easy to find inspiration. If I can't think of anything, I usually just sit and think of things that have happened to me that were important parts of my life, just those little revelations you get at the most random times.

and I write about that. Or I take a walk and write about something unusual or pretty that I see..
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Longest was a month.

I used my punching bag a lot that month.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

around 2-3 months....Sometimes longer, but that's only because I write my songs in like huge amounts at a time. For example if I'm not in a writer's block, I can write 3-4 songs per day.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
About a week.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by SteveHouse

i just tried that. thanks for telling me about freewriting i treally helped me just now i got a new song idea
I'd tell you, but I honestly can't think of what to say...

sim simma

who got the keys to my beema