Received my tubes from Eurotubes today and they sent a little leaflet saying to always spray contact cleaner on tube prongs and then work in and out of socket a few times.

so is that all i really do?

take out old tubes
spray up new ones
work in and out a few times to get a good connection
bias
play?

i mean, when it said work in a few times..thats kinda hard when the tube collars have those little teeth that grip the tube.

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
I've never done the contact cleaner thing, and have never had a problem. Should be OK unless the amp is really really old.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Quote by DLrocket89
I've never done the contact cleaner thing, and have never had a problem. Should be OK unless the amp is really really old.

haha, ok. but i think they've experienced problems with that because they say IT DOES NOT MATTER IF YOUR AMP IS NEW...ALWAYS use contact cleaner.

then it showed an email they received with someone who DIDNT do that, and 2 of his tubes blew, and they couldnt do anything about his new ones because it clearly stated not using that first would void warranty with them. but they told him what to do with his old tubes and his amp worked fine again

i just want to play it safe at all costs seeing as how i just spent $125 on these little glass things haha

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Yeah, it's the typical "1 person had a problem, so now everyone is screwed" thing.

*Shrugs* I dunno, do what he says then.
Quote by kcdakrt

Quote by DLrocket89
Yeah, it's the typical "1 person had a problem, so now everyone is screwed" thing.

*Shrugs* I dunno, do what he says then.

ok cool, my main reason for making this was just to make sure that that's basically the whole process of changing tubes...some people come in these types of threads and starting saying to do this, do that...resistor blah blah blah..,.professionally done, etc.

i really want to play on my amp soon and want to avoid as much technical unnecessary jargon as i can

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
what amp is it? will need to be biased though...I was justt alking about tube replacement...
Quote by kcdakrt

Biasing is really the only "challenging" thing. If you can do that, you're set.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Biasing is really the only "challenging" thing. If you can do that, you're set.

well since mine is adjustable, its probably much easier than biasing SOME amps lol. but yes, i iased the other day and it seemed to work fine. im using a multimeter, but still the same concept

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables