I have been saving for it for it and a new guitar for a few weeks now, but I figured I would pick up the amp first. And let me tell you, its a HUGE leap in front of my frontman 15G. But I can say this thing is ****ing loud, I have been playing it at a master volume setting of ONE, and any higher sounds like its going to shake my roof lol.

However I have one question that I am hoping one of you can answer. I play a lot of metallica, but when I palm mute an open e strum, I get an echoey, reverbish even phaser sound, which is another setting (that is NOT on). I have a Ibanez GAX guitar atm, which sucks, so is it the guitar or the amp? If it is the amp I can live, but if its the guitar then I will be far more happy knowing I have a new one coming. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Set Up:
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR
ESP LTD EX-401
AMP: Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Sanpera Footpedal
well you probably have the reverb on and not know it. i've tried plenty of vypers at GC and the knobs are a bit tricky at first. try looking at the manual..
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by genghisgandhi
http://geronigroove.free.fr/vypyr/?choice=select
this site helped me a lot with mine

Yeah I was actually on that site a few minutes ago, its awesome! I got a great metallica sound, but the only thing that still sounds off is that open e, palm muted strum. But thanks anyway.

Oh and awesome band list in your sig
Set Up:
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR
ESP LTD EX-401
AMP: Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Sanpera Footpedal
I heard that the Vyper comes with some fx already on, so you might want to check that.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Nice. I'm saving for a Vypyr aswell, then I want to buy an RG, im thinking RGR421EXFM
Musicians I Want To See Live

Metallica
Avenged Sevenfold
RHCP
Machine Head
Five Finger Death Punch
Joe Satriani/Chickenfoot
Slipknot

To Be Continued . . .
Push the effects button, which engages the stuff written under the EQ, where the reverb is. Then simply turn it down.

As for palm muting, I have the 15 watt model, and it sounds the best on the 6505 model. I find it doesn't sound nearly as good on the others, but it doesn't bother me much because I like the 6505.
Quote by nightraven
yeah it's loud because you chose the 75 watt model... return it and get the 15 watt one

I would stick with the 75 if he's planning on gigging, if not, downgrade to the 30. Can't use the footswtich with the 15, doesn't have the stompbox knob and the speaker is small. Still great for 100 bucks though.
solid state amps sound better at lower vols anyway, so id just stick with the 75 watt

its a good idea as it prepares you for any situation, and the speakers are bigger i think.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Nice upgrade!
I also had a Frontman 15G :P
Got the VYPYR 75 and it owns.
Now i just use the Frontman for some playing since i can't be stuffed moving the 20kg peavey around.

HNAD!
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
hey wait a second, does the 75 watt version has a wattage/power selector on the front?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ