i dont want to take this to the B52 thread, cause they obviously love B52's so they are gonna be a little biased.

im buying a B52 next week.
its a used AT212, and im buying it for 400$.
ive heard around that B52's are awsome amps, but they arent very reliable, and break easy.

is the amp im buying going to die?

EDIT: also one more question (if anyone replies )

the "contour" knob, thats a knob for scooping the mids right?
(idk, thats what it says on musicians friend.)

so the contour knob is basically another mids knob?
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Last edited by musicTHEORYnerd at Jun 28, 2009,
the reliability issues are only in the older ones on rare occasions. i have an older one and have had no problems with it. try to talk him down in price though... that's high
try to get him to 325-300-ish
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by justlivin
the reliability issues are only in the older ones on rare occasions. i have an older one and have had no problems with it. try to talk him down in price though... that's high
try to get him to 325-300-ish

i tryed to talk him down.
but he said he cant take it down anymore because it was only in the store for like a day and a half before i put some money down on it.

idk, ill try to talk him down more though.
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Quote by JLT73

yes but the AT212 has three channels instead of two, it has the triple rectifier, and it has 40 more watts.

another thing though, ive been looking through musicians friend, and most of the people who commented it said it was poorly made and had reliabilty issues.
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Its the tubes mate! The rest of the amp is rock solid. They just throw some garbage chinese rebranded vaccum tubes. The chasis is good and the speakers aren't the normal crap that gets put into combo amps these days.

Just be warned, the first thing to go on these amps is the tubes.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by sesstreets
Its the tubes mate! The rest of the amp is rock solid. They just throw some garbage chinese rebranded vaccum tubes. The chasis is good and the speakers aren't the normal crap that gets put into combo amps these days.

Just be warned, the first thing to go on these amps is the tubes.

so where can i buy new tubes?
and should i get the same tubes for the same tone? or do the tubes even effect the tone that much....
yeah i know, i dont know much about tube amps cause this is my first.
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
To put it bluntly, the tubes in a tube amp make or break the sound.

Tubedepot.com or thetubestore.com, take your pick, you get the same thing. Stick to jj's and electro harmonics.

But you may like the sound for a while, just know that eventually those tubes are gonna **** themselves, it make take 3 years (like in my case) or it can be 1 year. Some people change them to get a new sound.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
When I changed tubes in my 6505 from the factory tubes to a nice set of JJ tubes I could hardly tell the difference. If you don't have alot of time with the amp you won't notice the subtle tone change. Which can be either a good thing or a bad thing but I won't get in to that.

I would tell whoever you're dealing with that you will have to change the tubes when you get the amp which will probably cost a hundred dollars so he should drop the price a little.

Just a suggestion.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2