So I've been wanting one for a while anyway, but now I really sort of need one. I've joined a band, and my tiny little 15W MG, Piece of **** solid state amp isnt going to cut it anymore. I was told that I could get a mid-priced valve amp [perhaps a 30 W, Maybe more, Idk. The other guitarist in the band is using about that I think, so idk] and that would do well. Which would be fine, except I cant seem to find one that's in a reasonable price range. Yes, I know I sound cheap, but oh well whatever lol I'm not a rich kid lmao. And also, I need multiple Channels I think. Let me ask a question and see if what I'm thinking is right.

Just for this example, I'm going to use a Mesa Boogie triple rectifier. Okay, So, I set up my clean channel with it's own EQ, get it sounding good, etc. etc., Then I can set up an overdrive/distortion channel and use a foot switch to switch between the two, and still keep the independent EQ setting for each one, right? Simply put, The 2 EQs wont 'overlap', yet each one can have its own settings correct?

If so, then I need a simple two channel valve/tube amp. Any suggestions? I'd really really appreciate it.

By the way, I know this is really cutting it close, but I don't wanna spend more than like.... $650 [for the head alone. I've already got money saved for a cab, not including the $650 I have]

Also, the band I'm in plays sort of plays anything from Heavy/80's metal to Metalcore/hardcore, and everything in between.

I hope you can understand why I need the cheapest price possible lol. I'm not just being a tight wad.

Thanks for the help.
With enough money saved you will buy a new straw skirt and coconut bikini, a airplane ticket back to civilization and a large Mesa Boogie amp and a Gibson Explorer and shred the faces off with METALLICA!

if its two channels and a footswitch, no they wont overlap
and i recommend a b-52 at-100
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
how much did you want to spend on the head and cab? You might be able to get a combo that will kill any possible half stack
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
The thing you wrote about the channels is correct.

I think maybe a B-52 or Bugera would work okay, considering the budget. Probly either a 6260 for bugera or an AT-100 for B-52(I think).
Quote by JLT73
how much did you want to spend on the head and cab? You might be able to get a combo that will kill any possible half stack

As soon as you turn a tube combo up loud, the tubes start to rattle, and that sounds like ****.

Anyway, I'd like to see you find a combo that beats that massive 600watt valve Crate amp with like a 24x12 cab.

Get a Bugera 333XL, they have 3 channels and seperate EQ's for each channel.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
I can see you aren't very versed in channel driven amps. Its ok though.

When you switch channels, the signal from your guitar will go through a specific tone stack section (high, mid, low knob eq and what not) that is completely isolated from the other channels.

IE on your mesa/boogie example, if you have your clean channel eq'd correctly and switch to the gain channel, your signal will ONLY go through the gain channels eq and the opposite is true.

However, there are "global" settings, for instance on some amps there is a master presense switch or a master deep switch or even reverb that affects the sound regardless of which channel is selected.

Any used marshall with a nice od pedal in front of it or any used mesa/boogie amp will fit the bill. Just look around on your local craigslist, there's bound to be something.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by Jesstaa
As soon as you turn a tube combo up loud, the tubes start to rattle, and that sounds like ****.

Anyway, I'd like to see you find a combo that beats that massive 600watt valve Crate amp with like a 24x12 cab.

ahaha no

Most good combos won't rattle that much, and if they do, the problem is easily fixed. Don't rule out a combo just because of tube buzz.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
You seriously need to consider using a pa system if you wind up cranking a combo to the point where tube rattling is even remotely starts affecting your sound.

Also, recommending bugera? Nah dude... not without a warranty and definitley not the 333.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
...Wonderful. This always happens. [Arguments]. No offence to anyone, but I think I'm going to go with sesstreets' suggestions. He seems to have a lot of information. Lol... So... Just to be sure before I go looking, though, you're recommending a used marshall, or a used mesa/boogie, correct?
With enough money saved you will buy a new straw skirt and coconut bikini, a airplane ticket back to civilization and a large Mesa Boogie amp and a Gibson Explorer and shred the faces off with METALLICA!

Quote by sesstreets

Also, recommending bugera? Nah dude... not without a warranty and definitley not the 333.

I thought their reliability problems of late were fixed (namely, the OT is now soldered instead of connected via a plastic clip, proper factory bias, etc)

OP, see if you can find a Mesa F-30 or DC-3.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by JLT73

+1
you can get a badass combo for the money u have

i have a peavey classic 30 that i got for 250 bucks used
its 600 new
it kicks ass
but the distortion is kinda week
u could get it and spend the cab money on a badass od pedal
Quote by Jesstaa

they dont rattle that much

ha, how the **** do u take a 24x12 cab to a gig?
Quote by Sublime_Dude
...Wonderful. This always happens. [Arguments]. No offence to anyone, but I think I'm going to go with sesstreets' suggestions. He seems to have a lot of information. Lol... So... Just to be sure before I go looking, though, you're recommending a used marshall, or a used mesa/boogie, correct?

A used Marshall or Mesa is the answer to half the posts on this forum. And a good answer too.
Quote by Jesstaa

I've had many combos that didn't rattle at all when they're cranked

Mesa F-50 or DC-5 gets my vote until I hear how much you have for a cab.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com