Page 1 of 2
Shrug, doesn't really click with me.

Definitely prefer PTH for this kind of style, whom I don't really even like that much in the first place.

SikTh (who play vaguely vaguely similar) are definitely leaps better than either, though
they've played my town a few towns, have another show coming up I think. Have yet to see them, but some people I know have hyped them up to be pretty good.
Meh, for some reason I love high pitched vocals with crazy bass and guitar shred runs but with structure of course which PTH and TICTP have.
I drink your milkshake.
based on that description, trust me when I say that you will love SikTh
Yeah d00d, my friend told me they sounded like PTH. I heard them on your radio on the Metal forum. Niggaz be good.
I drink your milkshake.
Quote by SeveredSurvival
Yeah d00d, my friend told me they sounded like PTH. I heard them on your radio on the Metal forum. Niggaz be good.

i thought you were a good poster up until this one
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
That was a joke.... the d00d part.

EDIT: Sorry man, I am just cranking some old school rap right now. I'm kind of excited.
I drink your milkshake.
Last edited by SeveredSurvival at Jun 28, 2009,
Can't stand his cleans.
Too many drum fills, not enough groove.
Too much "look, we can play in odd time sigs" instead of writing a goddamn riff that flows.
Scream is annoying.
Pretty much all the music is dull.

Sorry, pass.
Quote by Magero
Can't stand his cleans.
Too much "look, we can play in odd time sigs" instead of writing a goddamn riff that flows.
Scream is annoying.

Sorry, pass.

guess you didn't catch "the plague" today did you?
I hate the vocals, and the keys, and everything. For one thing, I really dislike Canadian music, and I really dislike the Human Abstract's ****ty pseudo-orchestral singing, which this band puts together. They're trying way too hard. "Prog" is way too theatric and limp-wristed. BTBAM is not. That's why they do it well.
Yeah, BTBAM crush this band. Won't lie about that. I went nuts listening to Colors today, such a great album.
I drink your milkshake.
To the guy who dissed the canadian music scene your an idiot. Anyways, this band is local where I'm from, and even though this band isn't really my cup of tea, I highly respect their musicianship and all. Oh, and it's interesting to know that one of their former guitarists is in this band now; http://www.myspace.com/killitorous .
Yeah dude, Killitorous are sick. If it's Aaron, he was my friends guitar teacher
I drink your milkshake.
Quote by SeveredSurvival
Yeah dude, Killitorous are sick. If it's Aaron, he was my friends guitar teacher

Yeah, it's Aaron, he's the one who wrote all of the music for it. I heard he gave guitar lessons, i'm happy about that, it's a nice change from the incompetents we see giving guitar lessons in ottawa :P
Quote by intentionsthere
To the guy who dissed the canadian music scene your an idiot. Anyways, this band is local where I'm from, and even though this band isn't really my cup of tea, I highly respect their musicianship and all. Oh, and it's interesting to know that one of their former guitarists is in this band now; http://www.myspace.com/killitorous .

Woops, sure didn't mean to offend anyone!
Quote by MustangMan311
Woops, sure didn't mean to offend anyone!

I reread your post and realized I might've gotten pissed over very little lol. It's just that I get pretty fed up from people talking negatively about the canadian scene when all they've heard is like Céline Dion you know what I mean haha. The thing is we have wicked bands, they're just not getting the exposure they deserve and the canadian bands that do get exposure are like, Nickleback...
Quote by intentionsthere
I reread your post and realized I might've gotten pissed over very little lol. It's just that I get pretty fed up from people talking negatively about the canadian scene when all they've heard is like Céline Dion you know what I mean haha. The thing is we have wicked bands, they're just not getting the exposure they deserve and the canadian bands that do get exposure are like, Nickleback...

Haha, I mean, no offense- There's just something I find awkward and odd about Canadian music. Maybe it's the accents, the French showing through, or the non-American part, but I just find it weird. The only Canadian bands I listen to are Protest the Hero, Despised Icon, and Ion Dissonance. That's really as far as I get into the scene. Haha.
Go listen to bands like Quo Vadis, Cryptopsy (old), Augury, Pysiudius, Blackguard, Blasphemy etc... come back and be amazed.
I drink your milkshake.
Quote by MustangMan311
Haha, I mean, no offense- There's just something I find awkward and odd about Canadian music. Maybe it's the accents, the French showing through, or the non-American part, but I just find it weird. The only Canadian bands I listen to are Protest the Hero, Despised Icon, and Ion Dissonance. That's really as far as I get into the scene. Haha.

Well, your entitled to your opinion, but I'm pretty happy with our scene and I think that if you look at the good bands per population ratio, we're doing pretty well for ourselves. I didn't really understand the part you wrote about french, but for the record, if your knocking french, know that two of the 3 bands you named are made up of french members, and Quebec has an incredible metal scene.
Last edited by intentionsthere at Jun 28, 2009,
Come on... "eclectic progressive metal"? It seems like they're bragging about being progressive.

I could see them growing on me, but it doesnt sound like anything I havent heard.
Quote by intentionsthere
Well, your entitled to your opinion, but I'm pretty happy with our scene and I think that if you look at the good bands per population ratio, we're doing pretty well for ourselves. I didn't really understand the part you wrote about french, but for the record, if your knocking french, know that two of the 3 bands you named are made up of french members, and Quebec has an incredible metal scene.

Oh, I know, I don't see why I like Ion Dissonance or Despised Icon but not the rest.

Quote by SeveredSurvival
Go listen to bands like Quo Vadis, Cryptopsy (old), Augury, Pysiudius, Blackguard, Blasphemy etc... come back and be amazed.

I love Cryptopsy, but I hate Augury with a passion. I just find the orchestral / theatric parts to be so ****ing cheesy. Like, come on. This isn't Dream Theater.
I think I hate you now

Augury is fackin fantastic, new album especially

Perhaps you should give it more of a listen
Quote by Magero
Can't stand his cleans.
Scream is annoying.

Sorry, pass.

agreed

PTH has a little more musicianship.
Quote by Lappo
I think I hate you now

Augury is fackin fantastic, new album especially

Perhaps you should give it more of a listen

Haha, it's just so cheesy, dude. And the bass player, ugh, don't get me started. Dude needs to turn himself down and chill out. Some of his work just sounds so comical and circus-esque. It's really bad.
couldn't disagree with you more- augury bassist for fuckin' president

on a surprisingly large amount of metal/hardcore/etc records, the bassist is inaudible :[
Quote by Lappo
couldn't disagree with you more- augury bassist for fuckin' president

on a surprisingly large amount of metal/hardcore/etc records, the bassist is inaudible :[

Yeah, but that's no excuse for this dude to be turned up and play a fretless like he's some almighty music theorist with an ear for odd time signatures and a Steve DiGorgio-obsession. Dude's amazing at bass, but do I like his playing? Rhetorical question.
Quote by MustangMan311
The only Canadian bands I listen to are Protest the Hero, Despised Icon, and Ion Dissonance

...Beneath the Massacre?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Ah, yes. Nevermore.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
When's that happening? They are local to me and I haven't even heard any information regarding the release.
I drink your milkshake.
Quite tempted to check them out after listening to some of their bass lines.
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
Page 1 of 2