Page 1 of 2
so my friend yesterday asked me to write a metal/rock cd for him. what do you guys suggest i put in it? he's a metal n00b btw .. so i dont wanna give him stuff thats too heavy right?
Quote by Plus_the_Bear

Electric Wizard owns.

Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
electricwizard_ wins at common sense!!!

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this in your sig.
Put lighter stuff at the beginning and make it progressively heavier as it goes along.

To kinda ease him into it, I guess?
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Give him Images and Words, wait a few weeks, give him Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence.

And listen to above, but add in Demon of the Fall in there too. I'm gonna go listen to that now actually.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Only hooligans listen to metal, show him some nice Christian Folk songs instead, I'm sure he'll thank you for saving him from eternal damnation.
Screw all these suggestions, go with what your username is.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Start with bands like Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, old Metallica, some Slayer, then start going into old Sepultura, and some Kreator, Sodom, and slowly go into old school death metal.
make sure you give him equal parts melodic and brutal
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Screw all these suggestions, go with what your username is.

hey man ive been readin up about electric wizard and they seem cool. I havent been able to find their albums at the music stores around here so i think im gonna d/l some of their stuff and if i like it ill order some of their stuff...what album/songs do u recommend i check out?
Top Bands
- Guns N Roses
- Death
- Jimi Hendrix Experience
- Led Zeppelin
- The Black Dahlia Murder

" I'M THE ONE THAT HAS TO DIE WHEN IT'S TIME FOR ME TO DIE, SO LET ME LIVE MY LIFE, THE WAY I WANT TO."

- Jimi Hendrix
Opeth or Dragonforce will keep him entertained in the meantime

Quote by RU Experienced?
Only hooligans listen to metal, show him some nice Christian Folk songs instead, I'm sure he'll thank you for saving him from eternal damnation.

those pagans and their crafty ruses...
Last edited by Zaphikh at Jun 28, 2009,
Quote by RU Experienced?
Only hooligans listen to metal, show him some nice hardcore, mosh pit worthy Christian Metal songs instead, I'm sure he'll thank you for saving him from eternal damnation.

FIXED!!
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
Quote by ..SLASH..
hey man ive been readin up about electric wizard and they seem cool. I havent been able to find their albums at the music stores around here so i think im gonna d/l some of their stuff and if i like it ill order some of their stuff...what album/songs do u recommend i check out?

get dopethrone.. and witchcult today, i think thats what its called.
Quote by humperdunk

So I just woke up sitting in my desk chair, with my bong on the desk in a bunch of little pieces and my hand super glued to my penis. Speculations as to what the hell just happened and how to unglue my hand from my member would be appreciated.
Quote by MetalheadforJC

FIXED!!

Ew, not even close, CHC blows. TS, I reccomend giving him multiple CD's, with different subgenrees of metal on each. That way, he gets a taste of it all, from thrash to prog to melodeath to epic brootalz.
Quote by captainoid
Ew, not even close, CHC blows. TS, I reccomend giving him multiple CD's, with different subgenrees of metal on each. That way, he gets a taste of it all, from thrash to prog to melodeath to epic brootalz.

Whats CHC?
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
put in songs by Tool, Metallica, Slayer, and a few other bands from other peoples suggestions then throw in a jonas brothers song to make him go like: "WTF??? "
then be like:
and also put in some death metal.
The greatest irony you will face is the fact that we wake up to live in a nightmare
Quote by TOOTH&NAIL
well played sir, well played
If Canadia wasn't a real place then where would Canadians come from?

T_T
Quote by MetalheadforJC
Whats CHC?

Christian HardCore.

EDIT: Experienced put it better than I ever could
Throw in some Obituary, that's always good.
Michael Kelly Hex Deluxe
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss SD-1
Marshall MG15DFX

Quote by pwrmax
Kerry King always solos in the key of Satan

Quote by Zach Dunn
just need something meaty like a chubby vagina, yet less bassy and and more trebly.
Quote by Doppelgänger

Do it.

That'll get him accustomed REAL fast.
Philosophy > Life
Quote by GREENWARRI0R
Start with bands like Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, old Metallica, some Slayer, then start going into old Sepultura, and some Kreator, Sodom, and slowly go into old school death metal.

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa plus one my nugughas
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Warned for having the wrong opinion.
Quote by Archetype00
get dopethrone.. and witchcult today, i think thats what its called.

k thanks man i cant wait to check them out ...any particular song you like most?
Top Bands
- Guns N Roses
- Death
- Jimi Hendrix Experience
- Led Zeppelin
- The Black Dahlia Murder

" I'M THE ONE THAT HAS TO DIE WHEN IT'S TIME FOR ME TO DIE, SO LET ME LIVE MY LIFE, THE WAY I WANT TO."

- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by crypticslaughtr
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa plus one my nugughas

I'm reading everything you post in McLovin's voice.
Quote by RU Experienced?

You see, some of those death metal guitarists, they hollow out a crucifix and they schpoonk inside of it and drink it onstage.
Here's what you do, make a mix CD of metal with the following tracks:

Death - Painkiller
Death - Zombie Ritual
Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name (live version preferably)
Slayer - Jesus Saves
Slayer - Hell Awaits
Opeth - The Leper Affinity
Amon Amarth - Hermods Ride to Hel (Lokes Treachery Pt. 1)
Amon Amarth - Pursuit of Vikings
My Dying Bride - Deeper Down
Celtic Frost - A Dying God Coming Into Human Flesh
Celtic Frost - Dethroned Emperor
Stratovarius - Future Shock

You can put the original Judas Priest version of Painkiller if you want, I just prefer Death's version of the song. If you want to give your friend a taste of fine metal, then try and put something from at least the most popular of subgenres. I tried to do this in my suggestion but if you have a preference for another band in a certain genre feel free to replace it. (i.e. Exodus instead of Slayer, Iced Earth instead of Iron Maiden, etc.)

Don't put a lot of hardcore bands on it though, it might be just in the area I live in (North Texas) but that's how most people who don't listen and don't understand the heavy metal culture see metal: bands like Pantera and Hatebreed and Exhorder. Even though "Hatebreed is a Grammy Award-nominated hardcore punk band from Bridgeport and New Haven, Connecticut." I assume that it must be the same situation with death metal in Florida and thrash metal in California. But I digress... Just put lots of Opeth on it.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Christian Hardcore you phallus breathed mammalian.

Stay away from white metal. I'm not saying give him Emperor or Mayhem or something of that sort, just stay away from white metal. They don't understand the debauchery of metal, what with their rules and their self respect.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I'm reading everything you post in McLovin's voice.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Warned for having the wrong opinion.
don't go the all-out fast / brutal stuff till he's used to it.

sentenced - everfrost
electric wizard - torquemada '71
iron maiden - fear of the dark
judas priest - a touch of evil
ozzy - no more tears, i don't wanna stop
pretty much anything by tyr
acid bath - venus blue
down - temptations wings, stone the crow.

if he likes it, try stuff that's a bit harder...arch enemy (particularly stuff off their new album), children of bodom, amon amarth, in flames (actually 'only for the weak' could do well as one of the first songs you show him), pod people, etc.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Quote by draco thatus
Here's what you do, make a mix CD of metal with the following tracks:

Death - Painkiller
Death - Zombie Ritual
Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name (live version preferably)
Slayer - Jesus Saves
Slayer - Hell Awaits
Opeth - The Leper Affinity
Amon Amarth - Hermods Ride to Hel (Lokes Treachery Pt. 1)
Amon Amarth - Pursuit of Vikings
My Dying Bride - Deeper Down
Celtic Frost - A Dying God Coming Into Human Flesh
Celtic Frost - Dethroned Emperor
Stratovarius - Future Shock

You can put the original Judas Priest version of Painkiller if you want, I just prefer Death's version of the song. If you want to give your friend a taste of fine metal, then try and put something from at least the most popular of subgenres. I tried to do this in my suggestion but if you have a preference for another band in a certain genre feel free to replace it. (i.e. Exodus instead of Slayer, Iced Earth instead of Iron Maiden, etc.)

Don't put a lot of hardcore bands on it though, it might be just in the area I live in (North Texas) but that's how most people who don't listen and don't understand the heavy metal culture see metal: bands like Pantera and Hatebreed and Exhorder. Even though "Hatebreed is a Grammy Award-nominated hardcore punk band from Bridgeport and New Haven, Connecticut." I assume that it must be the same situation with death metal in Florida and thrash metal in California. But I digress... Just put lots of Opeth on it.

this list will make a great cd for my drive out of town tomorrow. but dude dont you think it will put off my friend who's never listened to metal ever?
Quote by Plus_the_Bear

Electric Wizard owns.

Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
electricwizard_ wins at common sense!!!

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this in your sig.
Quote by RU Experienced?

Shutup.
Originally Posted by neopowell
I'm perfectly capable of rating my own poo, I don't need a website to help me. I've devised strict criteria based on texture, smell, ease of passing and numerous other factors. It's even colour-coded.

ಠ_ಠ
3 Inches of Blood
Accept
Alcest
Alestorm
Alice In Chains
Amon Amarth
Annihilator
Anthrax
Apocalyptica
Artillery
Atheist
Averse Sefira
Bathory
Behemoth
Black Sabbath
Blind Guardian
Blood Tsunami
Burst
Burzum
Carcass
Carpathian Forest
Celtic Frost
Ceremonial Castings
ChthoniC
Cirith Ungol
Coroner
Corrosion of Conformity
Cynic
Dark Angel
Dark Tranquillity
Decrepit Birth
Dekapitator
Destruction
Devin Townsend
Diablo Swing Orchestra
Diamond Head
Die By Day
Dimmu Borgir
Dio
Dissection
Dog Fashion Disco
Dream Theater
Edguy
Emperor
Enforcer
Ensiferum
Evile
Exciter
Exodus
Falkenbach
Finntroll
Flotsam and Jetsam
Gamma Ray
Gorebastard
Grim Reaper
Hammerfall
Heathen
Helloween
Iced Earth
Immortal
Iron Maiden
Ithdabquth Qliphoth
Judas Priest
Kalmah
Kamelot
King Diamond
Korpiklaani
Kreator
Malevolent Creation
Manowar
Marduk
Mastodon
Mayhem
Megadeth
Melvins
Mercyful Fate
Metal Church
Metallica
Ministry
Moonsorrow
Morbid Angel
Motorhead
Municipal Waste
Nailbomb
Nevermore
Nile
Norther
Nuclear Assault
Obituary
Opeth
Outworld
Overkill
Pantera
Peste Noir
Pestilence
Polkadot Cadaver
Porcupine Tree
Possessed
Queensryche
Rhapsody of Fire
Racer X
Riot
Rob/White Zombie
Running Wild
Sacred Reich
Sadus
Sanctuary
Saturnus
Savatage
Saxon
Sepultura
Sinergy
Skelator
Skeletonwitch
Slayer
Slough Feg
Sodom
Sonata Artica
Soundgarden
Stemage
Strapping Young Lad
Stratovarius
Suffocation
Suicidal Tendencies
Summoning
Testament
Therion
Tool
Toxic Holocaust
Turisas
Týr
Ulver
Vintersorg
Vio-Lence
Vital Remains
Voivod
Warbringer
Windir
Wintersun
Zimmers Hole
Zyklon
Quote by RU Experienced?

Page 1 of 2