Out of interest what is the effect on the main guitar riff to this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m15pPKFxd6o

I know the beginning helicopter type thing is probably delay, im not interested in that. I'm wondering what effect it is on the main guitar riff, sounds really squishy and synth like. Anyone got any ideas on what this is? I've heard guitar synths but i dont think i've heard anything like that before.

edit: helpful comments appreciated
sounds like an overdriven bass to me, with a bit of that reverse effect.
To me, it sounds like a guitar running thru a heavy fuzz and then thru some sort of filter.
Gear:
Fender MIA Strat w/EMG SA's
Fender Super 60
Boss RT-20 Rotary Sim
Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay
EHX Big Muff

"Doctor Kindly Tell Your Wife
That I'm Alive, Flowers Thrive
Realise, Realise, Realise"
Fuzz + volume swells + panning = that.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by enemy120
To me, it sounds like a guitar running thru a heavy fuzz and then thru some sort of filter.

i was thinking something like that, i kind of got that weird 'forced' compression sound where the pick attack seems to come fast and then dies down when i put a lot of fuzz over my amp when it was overdriven quite a lot (valve amp btw) but i was thinking maybe the song had some sort of guitar synth thing going on or something
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Fuzz + volume swells + panning = that.

i agree
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
sounds like a bass playing through a fuzz, they recorded it and played it backwards

Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Sounds like the intro to Cochise by Audioslave. Slapping the strings with slapback delay.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ