So, I've been wanting to practice some songs from bands like Slayer, Lamb of God, Black Dahlia Murder, Testament and so on, but I feel like Im not at the level yet to start learning stuff from them. Do you guys think I should start with some easier stuff like Misifts and AC/DC or should I just go on to learning the bands similar to what I wrote above to improve my playing skills a lot more?

Thank you very much for your help.
umm well i would say definately dont go straight into Slayer or BDM. a lot of their stuff can get quite technical. i suggest starting with bands that have similar sounding guitar parts, but are easier to play. for example, if you wanted to get good at songs that have a lot of palm muting in them, i would say start with songs like " Suffocating under words of sorrow " by Bullet for my Valentine. its not too fast, and it will help you with palm muted riffs. then you can move on to the easier selection of stuff from As I Lay Dying possibly. AILD have amazing riffs by the way.....you should check out 94 hours and Elegy. sick. anyways, just build your chops up. i really dont suggest going straight into those bands because if you get frustrated cause you cant play the songs, you might end up not playing period for a while which is no good. you can do it, it will just take time and practice. keep it up ^_^
how long have you been playing?
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
^it takes time,just practise as much as possible.
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
So do you recommned I should attempt those bands that mentioned like Slayer, Testament, Black Dahlia Murder, etc...?
You can always try. I mean, when I practiced by myself, I never realized how good I was. Then when I was jamming with someone I realized that I wasn't pushing myself enough. You may be good enough. Try. But if you can't, play something like Paranoid by Black Sabbath. Good, easy song.
Yeah, i used to learn quite complex songs and learn them over weeks, the first song i ever played all the way through was War Pigs,so go for something that is a challenge,if you can't do it,it might start to annoy you but be patient and keep trying.
My Gig Rig...

Some songs from those bands you start off with even if you aren't that well. They end up teaching you alot of techniques. Testament's A Dirge(musical death) taught me sweep picking and is fairly easy song, as long as you play it with a metronome.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
tune to drop c / d standard and just rock out with heaps of b4mv
Gear

Guitars:
Ibanez S520
Ibanez Grx40

Amps:
Marshall MG100HDFX Half stack
Ibanez Tbx15r

Effects:
Digitech RP90
Boss Ds-1