Hey Everyone,

so lately i have been saving and i have been looking into amps, but i am kind of hitting a dead end on what to get, or where to even start looking. yeah, i could just go out and play everything and anything i see, but i want to have a little direction.

*Specs*

first one of the bat, Tube or Solid State is not a big factor at all

I play alot of Hardcore, metalcore, and punk. I need somethin hi gain, but what is the question.

My existing amp is a Roland Cube 30, and it does the trick fine.

I do not gig at the moment, but have been doing some recording and would like something that would work well for recording.

looking more for a smaller combo, but i guess i could get a head. I have a cab already so keep that in mind.

I have 500 hundred right now, and expecting to have about a grand within the next week.
If you're fine with the Roland Cube, why do you want to get another one?
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by xXMetal-HeadXx
...I have 500 hundred right now...

With a $50,000 budget you could get yourself several amps...
Quote by i_am_metalhead
With a $50,000 budget you could get yourself several amps...

jesus christ guys, calm down. Im just a little tired. 500 dollars, up to a grand...better??

Quote by namesroverrated
If you're fine with the Roland Cube, why do you want to get another one?

and whats with the ****in questions. I wanted some input, not if i should spend my money or not. Im a grown man, i can decide if i want to spend my money or not.
Quote by xXMetal-HeadXx
jesus christ guys, calm down. Im just a little tired. 500 dollars, up to a grand...better??

and whats with the ****in questions. I wanted some input, not if i should spend my money or not. Im a grown man, i can decide if i want to spend my money or not.

The point is why spend your money on something new if you are perfectly happy with what you already have and it works perfectly for what you want - its just not logical.

However if you insist on spending your money then you should probably look into a Peavey 6505 (seeing as the 5150/6505 is pretty much the hardcore/metalcore staple amp). The only drawback is the fact that clean channel will often leave much to be desired.
Are you planning on gigging anytime soon? I could make a 3-5 watt amp that would do the trick for you.

Otherwise...definately look at used stuff (Craigslist...eBay is ehhh), there's value to be had there.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
not gigging: Blackheart BH5H.

its basically same specs as the valve junior, and was designed by the same bloke, difference is its in a high quality chassis with better transformers and has an on board EQ, and a pentode/triode switch.

gigging: 6505/5150. for reasons already explained in a previous post.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
not gigging: Blackheart BH5H.p

1- Pyotr Belov didnt design the VJ
2- the Blackheart cant do metalcore, trust me i tried.
3- the BH5 's Eq is not really that responsive.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Wait, your pictures show a 5150...so does that mean you already owned one?
Quote by jdmurrayz
Fap energy comes from the soul, not the body.