Lately my guitar playing's been pretty bland and just non satisfying . I've still been practicing everything my teacher gives me, learning scales all that but i just don't feel the excitement i did when i first started learning and playing. I really think i need some inspiration and have tried a lot of stuff to try and get back into it to no avail. You guys know any ways to get me re-inspired or to help my playing a bit so i can be happy with my guitar sound again.
Stop playing for a while.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Start learning some new songs from tabs here on UG. Find a song you've been listening to a lot lately and just start playing it. Listening to some new kinds of music might help.
Quote by Td_Nights
I went as Darth Vadar to a school dance before.

Sure I got kicked out, but the DJ played the Imperial March and I just felt badass.
-Get a new teacher, maybe?
-Find the tabs for your favorite song and learn to play it.
-If you primarily play electric, play some acoustic stuff, and vice versa.
-Try learning a new instrument. A while ago, I found myself somewhat bored with guitar, so I started teaching myself piano. It helped a lot, and I can play some piano now too.
-Do something that is a huge challenge. It could be on guitar or another instrument. Just make it something that will take you weeks, if not months, to master. Just learn a little every day and watch as you progress.
-Listen to some music completely different from what you listen to/play currently.
-Buy a really fancy expensive guitar.

Some of those should probably help. The last one is kind of a joke though. I do not encourage GAS.
kill all humans
look into a new genre. i like to learn classical music when i'm in that sort of position. it feels almost mathematical and i like the complexity of the harmonies, it's a nice refreshing change that gets me playing again.

My mind is going. I can feel it.