someone just made a thread similar to this, but this is different enoug to make my own thread.

i have a mesa stiletto and a peavey 5150. would it be possible to run one into the other. i know there are ways of plugging into an amps fx send/return to disable the preamp/poweramp, but im not sure what i would do here. the stiletto has a preamp out, so lets say i use that to plug the mesa's preamp into the peaveys poweramp. how would i do it? and would they bot need to be plugged into cabs? i dont want to blow anything up.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
If you want to use Mesa's pre and Peavey's power, do this:
Mesa's preamp out/effects loop send -> Peavey's poweramp in/effects loop return.
Yes, both would have to be running a load in the form of a cab.
Done.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
isn't that how that good overdriven amps back in the day? plugging them into eachother or something...
^yeah, but they blew up a lot of amps that way too.

TS, both amps will need to be plugged into separate cabs.

The FX loop can be plugged into the input of a different amp.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by MadAudioMan
isn't that how that good overdriven amps back in the day? plugging them into eachother or something...

No, that would be jumping the channels on non-master volume Plexi-style amps.
EDIT: ^ Not into the input of the other because you don't want to run a preamp into a preamp.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Last edited by Dr.Pain-MD at Jun 28, 2009,
^Not saying it's gonna sound good, just saying he won't blow anything up. Let the TS decide how it sounds.

and yes, they did plug amp outputs into amp inputs back in the day. It was not uncommon to use a champ or tweed deluxe for distortion and plug it directly into a higher power amp so that they could get the tube saturation without having to use deafening volume. There were a lot of good amps that were completely destroyed doing this but it happened.
Not taking any online orders.
so yeah, stiletto preamp into 5150 poweramp sounded niiiiiiiiiiiice
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
so yeah, stiletto preamp into 5150 poweramp sounded niiiiiiiiiiiice

Better than on its own?
Quote by CorduroyEW
^Not saying it's gonna sound good, just saying he won't blow anything up. Let the TS decide how it sounds.

and yes, they did plug amp outputs into amp inputs back in the day.
It was not uncommon to use a champ or tweed deluxe for distortion and plug it directly into a higher power amp so that they could get the tube saturation without having to use deafening volume. There were a lot of good amps that were completely destroyed doing this but it happened.
Jimmy Page did this with his Hiwatt heads at the RAH concert back in 1970.
Quote by GNRjungle87
Better than on its own?

hmm...not better, just different. i mean some people would like it better. to me, its just the same amount of awesomeness in a different form.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Awesome. How did you end up running it BTW?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

send of stiletto into reutrn of 5150

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
hmm...not better, just different. i mean some people would like it better. to me, its just the same amount of awesomeness in a different form.

Awesome, glad you liked it.
Now do the reverse. Oh, and how come I am the first to ask???......clipzorz!!!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals