Hey UG,

Well to cut a long story short my band are playing a gig and we are gonna be doing RHCP covers.

This will be the order:
-Californication
-Power Of Equality
-Under The Bridge
-Scar Tissue
-Can't Stop
-Give It Away.

Now i no froosh uses a Big Muff and a DS-2,but which one does he use for which?
and...
What one does he use for solo's?
Any tips for covering RHCP??

Thanks UG
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Well the big muff can be used for a clean-ish tone and the DS-2 is comparable to the digitech grunge which gives a bitey almost metal tone which is great for solos. But in my rig i put the overdrive pedal before the distortion pedal so when you switch the overdrive on you dont lose your tone and you sort of combine the two rather than switching channels and having two different tones all together. My two cents anyway.
Does it matter?

How about using whatever sounds good to you?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Well out of your amps you would need the Marshall as even though he used Silver Jubilee's and Major's that will be the best you have. Low gain settings, an a smooth bright tone would require you to boost treble and bass as well as a little mids. Throw in a original 60's strat and a Gretsch White Falcon
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by TOMMYB22
Well out of your amps you would need the Marshall as even though he used Silver Jubilee's and Major's that will be the best you have. Low gain settings, an a smooth bright tone would require you to boost treble and bass as well as a little mids. Throw in a original 60's strat and a Gretsch White Falcon

He actually sets his treble fairly low and his mid and bass quite high. He uses the DS-2 for rhythm and both the DS-2 and Big Muff for solos so that he doesn't get lost in the mix (he uses Turbo II on the DS-2 which has a pretty big mid hump).

I think he uses just the DS-2 on Californication, Power of Equality, Scar Tissue and Can't Stop, and neither of them on Under The Bridge or Give It Away.

Do bear in mind that he uses an MIJ DS-2 and has expensive vintage Marshalls.

Quote by Say Ocean
Your gear isn't that close to his and will probably never sound the same. Just go for a good fitting tone that isn't necessarily his but just a good solid tone and no one will care.

Even better.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
when i have my guitar set so that is goes through the muff then the ds-2, it sounds great when one of them is on,but when they r both going at the same time it's incredibly muddy and crap.
Any ideas?
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
With your amps it doesn't matter what pedals you use. I would start worrying about how to get a tone like that out of your amp.
Quote by rhcp_freak
I think he uses just the DS-2 on Californication, Power of Equality, Scar Tissue and Can't Stop, and neither of them on Under The Bridge or Give It Away.

Californication is like..crazy clean though>.<

Quote by ChiliFan01
when i have my guitar set so that is goes through the muff then the ds-2, it sounds great when one of them is on,but when they r both going at the same time it's incredibly muddy and crap.
Any ideas?

Lower gain? Turn them around (order)?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
unfortunately, the valvestate 40V is a very, very mediocre amp. my valvestate is so mediocre ive resorted to boosting my BH5H with a bunch of pedals and my GE-7.

so like he said, better start experimenting with amp settings, or your gig could end up very bad.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by ChiliFan01
Any ideas?

ds-2 then muff. less mud more gain~