Page 1 of 2
my dad just started smoking again after a year. i was mad. i told my mom i'll give it to him. when i got to the car, i gave them to him and said "here's a $10 pack." on the way home, i was eating and he noticed i was eating faster. he said why am i eating faster and i responded the more you smoke, the fatter i want to become. then he said sorry about starting again and i said something i want to take back. i said, it's not my fault my asthma is coming back. i got into my bed and cried cause i knew i hurt his fellings when i said that. im crying sorta when i typed that.

i think i went too far with the asthma one.

i regret saying that.
that is kind of harsh, but it might make him quit...you never know
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
No hes a dick cos he is smoking.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Ok.

What the f*ck do you want the Pit to say?

Now, go apologize!
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by CoreysMonster
wait, you started crying because you're dad started smoking again?

how old are you, 8?

No, because he pissed his dad off.
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by DirtyMakik
No, because he pissed his dad off.

you must have a very, very nice family if hurting your dad's feelings makes you cry.
Quote by CoreysMonster

how old are you, 8?

no need to be so harsh about it...you dont know the full story, there might be so much more to why hes crying.
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
What does asthma have to do with becoming fat...

Anyway if he's a man he can take it. I think everyone has said something horrible to one if not both parents at some point. We've all been like that. It's something important to you, though, so I don't really blame you. Maybe you could instead of being sullen about his starting again, encourage him to quit? People respond better to positivity.
im 12 and wish i didn't make him feel bad. i think it was really mean and i don't know what to do if he smokes more or drinks more cause it sounds depressing

:-(
he s like 13 what do you expect.

aww poor little baby upset his daddy awww
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by soja82
im 12 and wish i didn't make him feel bad. i think it was really mean and i don't know what to do if he smokes more or drinks more cause it sounds depressing

He's 12 and what is this?

Srsly, you shouldn't even be here in the forums.
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by soja82

I can almost 100% guarantee you that one day, you, too, will drink and smoke more than you do now.
Quote by CoreysMonster

how old are you, 8?

*points at TS' profile* 12.
Cookie monster genocide my nation! HE MUST DIE MENS

Art is never finished it is only abandoned.

Real mitalhead don't give a f**k if it is Wensday or a dick in the a**
youre 12 and youre an 07er?

wow
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
Quote by CoreysMonster
I can almost 100% guarantee you that one day, you, too, will drink and smoke more than you do now.

My dad used to drink alot and chain smoke. Now he has quit smoking and only drinks a can of beer after work to chill out. Im 20 and do not smoke or drink. Not everyone is easily bent. Hes 12, no need to traumatize him
So that would mean he was 10 when he signed up? Crazy.

Anyways, just apologize and hang out with him, maybe saying those things makes him stressed and make him smoke .
I think its time to pack your things lets go,
To a place where we both know,
And dont worry, I'll drive real slow,
Spend some time before we go..
Quote by soja82
i play lots of guitar so thats mainly why i go on the forums

it is technically against the rules though
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by Hoodoo Child

so... who'll report him?
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by CoreysMonster

how old are you, 8?

And you're an English teacher... Wow...
Quote by DirtyMakik
so... who'll report him?

me
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Don't be so mean to him.. I mean TS

Just go apologize to your dad dude! Not much more we can say.
WOOOWWW , DUDE........... NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!
Quote by Hoodoo Child

what about parents consent?
Just go to him and say "I'm sorry I said that earlier, I feel bad about it. It's not really what I meant. I just don't want to see you smoking because I care about you and This makes me worry/upset" Try not to make people feel guilty. Not a good habit to get into.
I think you did the right thing. Sure, you hurt his feelings, but he's going to realize how upset it's making you and make a change. Or at least, he will if he's any sort of role model (sounds like you respect him a lot, so I'm assuming he is).

I don't know if apologizing just yet is smart. Wait until he makes the effort to change, then apologize.
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
Quote by Snowblind 911
I think you did the right thing. Sure, you hurt his feelings, but he's going to realize how upset it's making you and make a change. Or at least, he will if he's any sort of role model (sounds like you respect him a lot, so I'm assuming he is).

I don't know if apologizing just yet is smart. Wait until he makes the effort to change, then apologize.

I agree, it may not have been nice what you said, but sometimes you gotta be cruel to be kind, ya know. It's for him that you did it after all. If I were you I'd stand by what I said, even if it hurt you to say it as much as it hurt him to hear it, it was true. He shouldn't be smoking.

(before anyone checks my profile, yes that was a touch hypocritical coming from a smoker, but still true)
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by Snowblind 911

+1
Forever feels retarded in MT forum

-Equipment-
Squier Champ 15
Squier Bullet Stratocaster
-Shopping list-
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
1 guitar cable for that pedal
When I was like half your age I used to flush my dad's cigarettes down the toilet .

I got away with that one because of my age. But at least he stopped smoking and hasn't since .
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
You should apologise, you went about it the wrong way, if you wanted to get through to him you should have sat down properly and talked about it, rather than raise it out of the blue, its gonna take alot as it is hard, support him through it and hopefully he will quit successfully.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Page 1 of 2