hey i'm europe looking for a VERSATILE 50 watts head and as the title suggests i am looking at those two amps
i can get the rockerverb NEW for about 1350 euros and the mesa rectoverb USED for 1150 euros
now i'm looking for a tone is clear and has bite, nice cleans that can do indie (like the wombats or against me!), and a distortion that can do everything from crunch to metal (think punk, to underoath, alexisonfire all the way to darkest hour and lamb of god), a distortion that is not overly saturated and fizzy but cristal clear and that has BALLLLLLLS

thanks alot for any input on either of the amps (if they suit the sound i'm looking for, comment on reliability, anything is appreciated)

also if you like to read on,
i'd like to ask how the rockerverb 50 comapres to the rockerverb 100, as i only got to try the 100 and only got to turn it up to 2 so i can't really judge it as well as i'd like to
Last edited by imoverlycool at Jun 28, 2009,
you should remove the 'Vs' from the title or a mod is going to eat you.

the rockerverb 50 gets my vote, and the rockerverb 100 is 3dB louder than the 50, so you get more headroom but not alot more volume.

like the rest of the rectos, the single recto is a bit of a one trick pony, i.e. its cleans are lacking.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

+1 for the Rectoverb
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
+1 for rockerverb
My band's one cover is in my profile!

Rig:

Charvel San Dimas Style 2 Pagan Gold
Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
like i said, the rectos cleans arent up to scratch compared to the rockerverb.

anyway, why did you narrow it down to a couple of the most overpriced amps there are these days (IMO)?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ